SiouxSports.com Forum

Hirsch's odd display

johndahl

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it has been posted elsewhere, but a guy claiming to be in the know from the Minnesota camp said that Hirsch was admitted to a special unit last night, as much perhaps out of precaution and concern than out of need. After that display on ice, it would have been careless to send him off into the night alone.

Hopefully, he will get things taken care of and be back for the action this coming weekend.

Has anyone else thought that maybe he was trying to prove a point to his teammates that, since they didn't all night, that they need to start shooting the puck and crashing the net?? seems to me when a high powered offense doesn't score a single goal, that they possibly didn't do the things they normally do to score goals. I personally think that was what he was trying to get across. His mental state probably isn't what someone would call healthy being he put on this display, but my money is on shooting the puck and crashing the net. just my opinion

Has anyone else thought that maybe he was trying to prove a point to his teammates that, since they didn't all night, that they need to start shooting the puck and crashing the net??  seems to me when a high powered offense doesn't score a single goal, that they possibly didn't do the things they normally do to score goals.  I personally think that was what he was trying to get across.  His mental state probably isn't what someone would call healthy being he put on this display,  but my money is on shooting the puck and crashing the net.  just my opinion

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Makes sense to me. I was thinking that he wanted to prove to himself that HE is capable of hitting the net, and crashing the net.

Has anyone else thought that maybe he was trying to prove a point to his teammates that, since they didn't all night, that they need to start shooting the puck and crashing the net??  seems to me when a high powered offense doesn't score a single goal, that they possibly didn't do the things they normally do to score goals.  I personally think that was what he was trying to get across.  His mental state probably isn't what someone would call healthy being he put on this display,  but my money is on shooting the puck and crashing the net.  just my opinion

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe so, but did you watch how CC played? I mean, UMN players would skate hard with the puck and there would always be a CC player who can outskate them. I mean, Petiot, CC's 6'4" behemoth was skating faster than 99 percent of the Gophers! THey always seemed to be able to widen gaps between them and the Gophers all...game...long.

They say speed kills. UMN couldn't get anything going because they couldn't beat CC to the puck. They were simply too fast.

Here the video of the incident.

Really bizarre and again I have to thank the GPL people for posting this stuff for those of us that weren't there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where do you have to go to get the video? I tried going to the gopher site, but didn't see anything on it. I also tried clicking on the video underline, and didn't get anything there either.

That is Awesome!

I am going to start the game against POI on Sunday that way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is not "awesome" when anyone acts that way. You have no idea what was going through that kid's head. He obviously has something wrong with him, and thinking that is "awesome" is not cool. Grow up and show some maturity!

On the ESPN2 NCAA selection show, they spoke as if Hirsch was done for the season. Anyone know?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If that is true it is too bad. The kid is a great hockey player. I hope he can overcome whatever is keeping him off the ice and he's back in uniform soon.

I want to see the video too.  Is it out there someplace else?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think you really do. As much fun as it is to make fun of a rival I don't think those UND fans who either saw it live or the video before it was pulled are making fun of this kid.

It is sad to see a kid who truly should be enjoying the some of the best years of his life struggling with problems.

Federov,

Would you please send it to me as well? I do not want to see it purely for the fact of making fun of him as this is something that could be tragic if not addressed. I guess I just want to get a handle on what people saw when it happened.

I would appreciate it if you have the time...

email: dakidgosioux@hotmail.com

I was hoping it was just a strange temper tantrum from being very frustrated at the loss. But, Lucia's comments make it sound much more serious. All of WCHA hockey should support this kid in whatever recovery efforts he may need.

taz