SiouxSports.com Forum

Hirsch's odd display

johndahl

I will give you that there is very likely hard feelings in Colorado Springs for Lucia based on his leaving for Minnesota but to make it out like he is unfit to coach young impressionable hockey players, goalies to be specific (your words if I remember correctly) makes it look like you have an axe to grind.  Certainly when you imply that he contributed to the Hirsch situation based on your point of view, you do.  I would tend to side with others that the blame rests squarely on Hirsch's shoulders.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally, I have no axe to grind with Lucia and perhaps this simply is a matter of Hirsch being too sensitive a human being to play at the DI Level. Perhaps some of the CC prospects were too sensitive and the expectations of the CC fans were too high for the players in quesion. However, the article within the link that follows does raise the spector that heavy pressure may have been applied by the coaching staff and/or we may wind up refering to Hirsch as the star that fizzled.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/5323756.html

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I probably do not much care what you think either skiumah2 . . . .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Responding to my post indicates differently but I won't lose any sleep if you don't. As for the rest of your post, how in the world do you have any idea why he did what he did. Your little story is perfect for you because it makes a Gopher look bad but in the end you don't have any idea what's going on. Calling him a crybaby is fun for you but the facts that are known suggest you are probably wrong. Like I said in my last post, I don't know why he did it, but I have strong doubts that his 3 game absense had anything to do with punishment or suspension. Any player, much less the leading scorer, is not going to be held out of 3 games for what he did. However, he would be held out if concerns existed whether it be mental, physical, or personal.

By the way, I am one of the few Gopher fans who feels the Hirsch reaps what he sows. I don't have any problem for people ripping on him for what he did. After all, it was pretty bizarre and I hate to admit it but kind of funny too. I just think it's laughable for anyone to claim to know why he did it and/or claim he owes an explanation for it.

I don't have any problem for people ripping on him for what he did. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, you are mad at people for ripping on him if you don't think the cause was the same that you do. People can't criticize Hirsch as being a trouble maker or mental case if the facts aren't out there. If you say that he is crazy, people are upset that you would joke about a serious mental issue. If you say he is a trouble maker, people are upset that his mental problems are not understood. This game was in a public display and he could be a threat to UND players, so I think that people do have a right to know why the odd behavior happened. I'm not saying he owes me anything, but then he can't expect me to not have a negative reaction to his silence. If I was in charge of him, he would owe me an explanation before I let him play and I would make sure other teams know that they are safe.

Sometimes I wonder if I am ready to post on a D1 Hockey forum.  I mean you dream about it, and think about what you will say to the sudo reporter, but are you ever really ready?  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:0

I haven't posted for almost a year--but that one's enough to bring me back! Thanks. Now excuse me while I wash the coffee and spit off my screen.

My point is anyone who so boldly claims the reason for Hirsch's actions is a blowhard.  He hasn't said why so none of you know why.  Furthermore, he doesn't need to tell anyone why either.  I called out NorthDakotaHockey fan because I wasn't going to let him get away trying to make people think he knows what he's talking about when it comes to Tyler Hirsch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The post I read by NorthDakotaHockey does not make any claims to knowing the truth. He mentioned different possibilities and what they would mean to him. As I said before, Hirsch does not need to tell anyone why. However, there are consequences to either option and he will have to deal with them. So no he doesn't have to tell everyone the facts because I want him to, but then no one has any right to be upset that I criticize him for the option he chooses.

And now Lucia is complaining to the WCHA over ESPN playing it. Though this was reported by INCH and we know how reliable they are. :lol:

My feeling:

He did it in public and gave no explanation. ESPN has every right to air it and talk about it. I'm sure they wouldn't have if Hirsch came out and said it was serious.