SiouxSports.com Forum

Hirsch's odd display

johndahl

After the gopher loss on Friday, everyone else has left the ice and the nets are being removed for resurfacing, and Hirsch goes out and stands at center ice for a minute or two all alone. As the official walks across the ice with a bucket of unused pucks, he asks the official for one. He then motions to the people at the Zamboni door to close it, and they eventually do. He skates at full speed toward the net, shoots the puck from about ten feet, and crashes into the net at full speed, knocking it into the boards. The few thousand people left in the arena all stopped to watch the odd spectacle.

In the press conference afterward, Lucia was asked if Hirsch is OK. He responds that physically he believes Hirsch is fine. Anyone hear anything else about what he was doing/thinking?

John

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was amazing. And stupid. I was surprised that he didn't miss the net, like he and his teammates were doing all night long. I have always maintained that Hirsch is an idiot and a crybaby, both on and off the ice. Last night, when he should have been with his teammates in the locker room, he pretty much proved me right.

After the gopher loss on Friday, everyone else has left the ice and the nets are being removed for resurfacing, and Hirsch goes out and stands at center ice for a minute or two all alone.  As the official walks across the ice with a bucket of unused pucks, he asks the official for one.  He then motions to the people at the Zamboni door to close it, and they eventually do.  He skates at full speed toward the net, shoots the puck from about ten feet, and crashes into the net at full speed, knocking it into the boards.  The few thousand people left in the arena all stopped to watch the odd spectacle.

In the press conference afterward, Lucia was asked if Hirsch is OK.  He responds that physically he believes Hirsch is fine.  Anyone hear anything else about what he was doing/thinking?

John

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like he is just getting ready for the rematch with the Sioux. Don't be suprised if he tries running the goalie today. ???

That is if he's not watching the game from the stands in a straight jacket.

I hate the Gophers and everything, but it is not funny when someone does something as weird as that. I hope it was just some stupid bet or something that he made with some teammates to act like an idiot. I hope Hirsch is in the lineup tonight.

It was amazing.  And stupid.  I was surprised that he didn't miss the net, like he and his teammates were doing all night long.    I have always maintained  that Hirsch is an idiot and a crybaby,  both on and off the ice.  Last night, when he should have been with his teammates in the locker room, he pretty much proved me right.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

North Dakota Hockey,

Do you know Tyler personally? How do you know he is an idiot & crybaby OFF the ice. Just curious.

North Dakota Hockey,

Do you know Tyler personally? How do you know he is an idiot & crybaby OFF the ice. Just curious.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FSN North shows nearly every gopher game, and has interviewed players between periods, before the game, and after the game in just about every game.

I hate the Gophers and everything, but it is not funny when someone does something as weird as that.  I hope it was just some stupid bet or something that he made with some teammates to act like an idiot.  I hope Hirsch is in the lineup tonight.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are correct that it isn't fun and I don't think it is a bet. I have gotten to know quite a few members of the CC brass and staff here in Colorado Springs and they have made some interesting comments regarding their former coach Lucy. Specifically, they question whether he is fit to coach young men or not because in their opinion some of the things he said and did trashed the psyche of some fine young Tiger players and what originally looked like promising college hockey careers were cut short.

You are correct that it isn't fun and I don't think it is a bet.  I have gotten to know quite a few members of the CC brass and staff here in Colorado Springs and they have made some interesting comments regarding their former coach Lucy.  Specifically, they question whether he is fit to coach young men or not because in their opinion some of the things he said and did trashed the psyche of some fine young Tiger players and what originally looked like promising college hockey careers were cut short.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure Lucia is extremely hard on the kids at times. MANY highly successful hockey have been known for that trait, including a few that have coached in GF.

One player told me directly he loved Woog, hated Lucia, but if he had to pick a coach to play for he'd pick Lucia every time.

There are certain limits to acceptable behavior to be sure, when those limits are reached it will show up in both the news and the recruiting trails.