SiouxSports.com Forum

Hirsch's odd display

johndahl

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though most, NOT ALL, of the gopher fans would take this opportunity to crack North Dakota, of SCSU, or Duluth jokes...

I call on good sportsmanship and good human nature to wish this kid best wishes with his "fight against his demons", rather than taking pot-shots at him.

And I call on the gopher fans to do the same for Bina

Hate to see this happen to anyone, even a gopher.

To a good final run for UND, and a ALL WCHA FINAL FOUR

I call on good sportsmanship and good human nature to wish this kid best wishes with his "fight against his demons", rather than taking pot-shots at him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. It might have been funny at first, but now that more information about the seriousness of the situation has come out, it's classless to continue beating up on the kid.

I have sent out the video to all that have requested it. Please download it from Sprig's post if you still need it. BigGreyAnt may also be able to host it. I would like to point out that nothing bad has been after I have sent it to a lot of people, so I hope others are not assuming I am trying to cause problems.

I really wouldn't have thought anything was odd about what happened if it was just the slapshot and knocking the net off post game, maybe a lot of frustration.

But the stick placement in the middle of the ice is kinda the same as Rulan Garner placing his wrestling shoes on the wrestling mat.

Hopefully Tyler finds some happiness.

I really wouldn't have thought anything was odd about what happened if it was just the slapshot and knocking the net off post game, maybe a lot of frustration. 

But the stick placement in the middle of the ice is kinda the same as Rulan Garner placing his wrestling shoes on the wrestling mat.

Hopefully Tyler finds some happiness.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The shoes left out on the mat is more of a Wrestlers thing where thats how they signify that they're retiring from their sport. Unless he ment that was the last he was going to play College Hockey and sign a contract, I don't think it was exactly that.

That was one of the most bizzare things I have ever witnessed. Kid has problems of some sort, wonder if he will play against the Black Bears? People forget that Hirsch is their top scorer, people like to focus on irmen and potulny. Hirsch has (had?) skills.

Thank you redwing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I too want to wish Tyler Hirsh a speedy recovery and a happy life. I feel as bad for him as I do for Bina. Yes, I always want to see the gophers lose, but never at the expense of the kids playing the game. This kid had lots of talent. Played on the same line with Parise and Murray at Shattuck and chose to attend UM when most of the others came to UND. My heart goes out to him. His injury may be even more severe than Robbie's. I hope they are both able to heal. Here's hoping for a great NCAA with no more serious injuries. Go WCHA!

And no, I don't need to see the video, I've heard enough. Needing to see it is kind of like needing to see the car crash that killed the driver and then saying, what a shame. Well, I guess I already know it is a shame.

Question for gopher fans: Why is it that joking about Tyler Hirsch is in bad taste but continually ripping Jake Brandt and Brandon Bochenski isn't? All had problems, and most would consider them all mental to some degree. If anything Bochenski should have more of a pass since he was in high school and obviously was less mature. I'm not saying that Hirsch's problems should be exploited, but I don't think a double standard should be used for what is in good taste as seems to be the case.

Question for gopher fans:  Why is it that joking about Tyler Hirsch is in bad taste but continually ripping Jake Brandt and Brandon Bochenski isn't?  All had problems, and most would consider them all mental to some degree.  If anything Bochenski should have more of a pass since he was in high school and obviously was less mature.  I'm not saying that Hirsch's problems should be exploited, but I don't think a double standard should be used for what is in good taste as seems to be the case.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a perfect example of how Sioux fans and Gopher fans differ. Sioux fans=classy

Gopher fans=classless.

Of course, there are the usual outliers in each group.

Come on.

Bo and Brandt made decisions (very unwise) that got them in their predicaments.

If Hirsch is having "mental" problems as has generally been bandied about it's hardly a comparison.

It's why some peope go to jail, and others get let off by proving "insanity". You can't hold each equally accountable.

Question for gopher fans:  Why is it that joking about Tyler Hirsch is in bad taste but continually ripping Jake Brandt and Brandon Bochenski isn't?  All had problems, and most would consider them all mental to some degree.  If anything Bochenski should have more of a pass since he was in high school and obviously was less mature.  I'm not saying that Hirsch's problems should be exploited, but I don't think a double standard should be used for what is in good taste as seems to be the case.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

People can rip whoever they want. They also have to live with their choices. I'm with sikatoca, lets see what Tyler chooses to say about the situation.

Whether Tyler's problem is with personal issues or with the coaching staff I feel for him. Almost anyone else would find a way to enjoy their emergence as one of the best players in the WCHA.

Where do you have to go to get the video? I tried going to the gopher site, but didn't see anything on it. I also tried clicking on the video underline, and didn't get anything there either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank's for the e-mail. I just received it and saw. I really hope he gets the help he needs. It's hard to see a hockey player, especially one of his talent, have this happen to him. Not that I'm a goofer fan, I just don't like seeing this happen to any good hockey player.