SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. USD 3/2 1PM

1 hour ago, forksandspoons said:

I think I’d rather play Omaha than ORU, but either way it’s going to be fun! 

Idk I think ORU. We will outrebound the !@#$ out of them. Both have a guy that can put up 30+ on us. 

Solid win vs USD. I worry UND will drop the first round game vs ORU. Hopefully they have a solid tourney showing. Would love to see some exposure in the championship game or, better yet, in the national tournament! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FSSD said:

UMKC roster is all bigs are international and most guards are from Arizona.  I was thinking that they would be able to get some local talent given the location.

Geographically, Kansas City is surrounded by some schools that put a big emphasis on basketball: Kansas, Creighton, Wichita State, plus other Power 5 schools (Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas State) all within 3 hours. I’m sure recruiting there is tough. 

Kansas City is a team that worries me, depending upon the officials.  They play brutally physical and handsy.  We are a finesse team and didn’t handle that well in the blowout at home.  The next game when they played NDSU they had everybody in foul trouble.  Really depends whether the officials swallow their whistle at not.  If they let them play, they are a handful due to their physicality as ORU is finding out right now..  ORU may not get 45 against them.  Definitely do not want to slow down and get into a bruising game with them.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hans8891 said:

Kansas City is a team that worries me, depending upon the officials.  They play brutally physical and handsy.  We are a finesse team and didn’t handle that well in the blowout at home.  The next game when they played NDSU they had everybody in foul trouble.  Really depends whether the officials swallow their whistle at not.  If they let them play, they are a handful due to their physicality as ORU is finding out right now..  ORU may not get 45 against them.  Definitely do not want to slow down and get into a bruising game with them.  

and they are on a 6 game heater heading into the Tournament.