SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. KC 2/10 1PM

sioux24/7

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Just curious who you’d start him over? Go small and sit T? Or sit Eaglestaff? Trey is either on or just a complete L out there. 

i like him off the bench but give him some of bradys minutes or all of em

cant play 5 on 4 for 21 minutes

• Upvote 2

Teams will see how Eaglestaff played today and against the Bison and be physical with him. Same with Omot, he had 5 TO’s today. 

Being physical like KC was today is the way to beat this team. Bison did it too but fell apart at the end.

8 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Teams will see how Eaglestaff played today and against the Bison and be physical with him. Same with Omot, he had 5 TO’s today. 

Being physical like KC was today is the way to beat this team. Bison did it too but fell apart at the end.

Bingo

2 hours ago, NewUndFan said:

To much one on one dribbling trying to make the big plays.  But I don't think Sather has plays so what do you expect 

This is so true and so scary.

We have absolutely 0 set plays that can get us a good look when we need one. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

how many fast break points did we score today.....need some easy easier transition points....alley oops.....lobs....dunks....all of the above....too athletic to not have multiple transition points ponts in every game

Box score says we had 13 fast break points. Sure didn’t feel like that though. 

KC shot 51% from the field today. Need to get stops in order to get out in transition 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, sioux24/7 said:

One thing I will say, Eli King is good. He’s not a P5 player, he might not even be a starter in the Summit but he’s a hell of a player off the bench and someone I look forward to developing the next couple of years. 

He has really settled into his role and is playing a lot more free than when he was starting. I like him as well and look forward to 2 more years with him! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Just curious who you’d start him over? Go small and sit T? Or sit Eaglestaff? Trey is either on or just a complete L out there. 

I would like to say for T but I do think Treyson coming off the bench might add a spark. But he needs some plays to set him up for some good shots.  I don't see any plays run for our team .  But T plays small for a big man might as start small. 

16 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

One thing I will say, Eli King is good. He’s not a P5 player, he might not even be a starter in the Summit but he’s a hell of a player off the bench and someone I look forward to developing the next couple of years. 

He does all the little things. He gets some crazy steals and rebounds better then T. Now his 3 point shot is coming along. I really like the kid and he is fun to watch. 

• Like 1

It was too bad.  Decent crowd today and we just didn’t show up.  The first 10 minutes, we could have been fine if we could have hit any shots at all.  Tyree should have had 5 assists right off the bat and we couldn’t finish any wide open shots.  After that, Kudos to KC coach.  He took a page from the first St. Thomas game.  They doubled us and took away Tyree, Trey, and BJ drives.  We couldn’t or didn’t find the open guy when the double occurred.  When we can’t penetrate, we have no offense.  Trey, who should be our best outside shooter, finished with 0 points after 28 on Thursday.  Need to find a way to get him looks.  BJ made some nice drives but not due to the offense - just individual effort.  Amer was a monster on the boards again and finished well, but we don’t really look to get him the ball.  Eli finished with 6 steals and shot well.  Those 2 were the bright spots, but not many others to talk about.  Finished with a total of 47 points.  That should say everything that needs to be said about the offense.  Didn’t make any adjustments and don’t seem to have a half court offense that doesn’t get a look other than slash to the hoop or penetration kick.  We aren’t a good half court offense team.  They were physical and we played slow right into their hands.  More concerning is when we were down 20 with 7 minutes left, we are still walking it up the court and letting them stall playing a sagging man to man with no pressure and letting them kill clock all the way to the end of the game.  Not much heart shown out there today, which is not how we have been playing.  Hoping this was a just a one off.  We absolutely have to play with pace though.  Our half court offense is non-existent without individual penetration.