SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ USD 2/1 7PM

sioux24/7

21 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

No, I’m actually going to stay at the canad bar opens earlier

bar in Olive Ann don’t open till 4:30

i was thinking the same thing when i looked at sky's hours......that has to change.

at the very least open the bar area sooner and have food later so people can get a little tipsy during their lunch hour.

Can’t worry about transfers now , especially the players or your head is in the wrong place

plenty of time for that later

can coaches attend other games to watch players?

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

Can’t worry about transfers now , especially the players or your head is in the wrong place

By the book i think that is a violation 

30 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

How many does South Dakota states stadium hold? It looks like a fun place to pay and very good set up.

They are in the middle of major renovations.  I think it will be finished prior to the start of next season.

Back in the day it used to seat 9,000.  The arena's attendance record is for the SDSU-Augustana men's game on February 11, 1989, which attracted 9,456 fans.  But, they have slowly destroyed the place.  It seats 6,500 right now.  But, they are going to finally fix it with a big remodel project.

Estimated at $50 million overall, the renovation project is expected to take two years to complete. Construction will take place in multiple phases to avoid relocation and interruption of SDSU events.

Once complete, fan experience and gameday atmosphere will be taken to the next level with:

• new premium seating areas and suites,
  • state-of-the-art video board and display systems,
  • an enhanced sound system,
  • a more spacious concourse,
  • and improved restrooms.

New and improved locker rooms and offices are also a part of the renovation design, which will have an estimated capacity of 5,500.

https://www.sdstatefoundation.org/stories/first-bank-trust-commits-20-million-to-frost-arena-renovation

17 minutes ago, Kab said:

Can’t say “I told you so” later on if you enjoy the positive now.  

Guys are playing great ball right now.  Looking forward to Saturday.  

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Kab said:

At the rate we're going I'm more worried about our coach getting poached by a bigger program

• Upvote 2

KUHL-J was a massive addition. Excellent example of defense leading to offense, willing to go after every ball in his reach. Gotta be on the list for newcomer of the year. 

• Upvote 3

The addition of Tyree and Amar have been huge.  Little nervous about the players wearing down.  They have basically gone to a 7 rotation with King and Brady coming off the bench.

Amar with a 17 reb/ 17 pts is crazy.

33 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Anywhere to get some highlights of the game?  Searched on YouTube and they have highlights of every combination of gender and Dakota school available except UND/USD Men.

30 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Awesome, thanks!  Based on the final score, I surprised that it was still a two possession game with 6 minutes to play.  UND did a really nice job closing this one out.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

KUHL-J was a massive addition. Excellent example of defense leading to offense, willing to go after every ball in his reach. Gotta be on the list for newcomer of the year. 

Totally agree with that.  And I think that he's only going to get better as he adapts to D1 ball.

15 hours ago, gfhockey said:

No, I’m actually going to stay at the canad bar opens earlier

bar in Olive Ann don’t open till 4:30

A true good 'ol boy would know that Bonzer's opens well before that...