SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (6-4) vs Waldorf (4-7) 12/12 7PM

sioux24/7

3 minutes ago, SD UND said:

No idea, should be easy to get every team in the Summit League, Big Sky, OVC, and Horizon to agree to something like that every year. All these coaches and administrators should be ashamed that there isn't something like this. On top of the NSIC Summit challenge- they should add this next year, it's so simple

I am willing to bet they struggle getting non conference games also smart butttt

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

No I think what the majority of people on here are saying is that if we HAVE to play a lower division why not make it a local College like Mary, Minot Moorhead NOT oak hill bible college.   BUT you want to have a whole challenge where we meet in Sioux Falls for a tournament to play NSIC teams.  That is going a little to far and when I say a little I mean ALOT

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

How about starting next year...........

crookston @ und

msu-moorhead @ ndac

northern state @ sdac

augie @ usd

wayne state @ omaha

concordia st paul @ st thomas

minnesota state @ denver

sw minnesota state @ oral roberts

winona state @ kansas city

next year reverse it the next year where summit travels to nsic

then take the conference that has the highest winning percentage and have an 8 or 16 team tourney in a city of their choice the next year........ Sioux Falls, Des Moines, or Minneapolis? Call it the Northern Summit Challenge @ the Denny

minot v und

mary v ndac

usd v northern state

sdac v augie

^^^^^^above at Denny if 2 eight team tourneys at 2 different sites?

below at Target Center if 2 eight team tourney at 2 different sites?

sioux falls v st thomas 

bemidji v omaha 

wayne state v oral roberts

duluth v denver

this isn't that hard.......or is it?

https://www.si.com/college/2023/12/11/mens-college-basketball-north-dakota-state-wins-game-108-14-jokes

Should happen...but it won't.

Funny thing is, Saul Phillips would probably love to schedule any of the Dakota teams to play Northern but he is the one who ended the Bison-Dragon games after a double overtime loss in the 2011-12 season and an overtime win with plenty of help from the men who wear stripes in 2012-13. Saul went into the A.D.'s office and said "no mas"

• Like 2

the 4 games we are talking about are northland, vcsu, concordia of ?, waldorf

idea 1.  home v ndac and sdac.......travel to usd, and omaha. (2 home 2 away non-c conf games)

idea 2.   home v minot, moorhead, bemidji, and mary. (4 home against d2)

idea 3. @gfhockey challenges with ovc and horizon  home v youngstown st, lindenwood....away v eastern illinois and oakland

idea 4. northern summit challenge

idea 5.  keep what we're doing ...northland, vscu, concordia of ?, and waldorf.

7 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I am not excited about this game tonight, but I will be there to support! Can't wait to see Hong get extended minutes tonight and light it up! The kid doesn't miss!! 

if he didn't play more than 2 minutes in that snoozer against vcsu how many does he get tonight?

6 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Funny thing is, Saul Phillips would probably love to schedule any of the Dakota teams to play Northern but he is the one who ended the Bison-Dragon games after a double overtime loss in the 2011-12 season and an overtime win with plenty of help from the men who wear stripes in 2012-13. Saul went into the A.D.'s office and said "no mas"

but this goes back to one bid league........those were fun games and in the end it didn't really matter that the might bizons lost....only one way to the national tourney with the midcon conference.

7 minutes ago, petey23 said:

@petey23 from the top ropes having my back again.......smartest guy on ss.com

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

@petey23 from the top ropes having my back again.......smartest guy on ss.com

He has your back by explaining why NDSU ended up playing not even a non-D1 team but took it a step further and played a non-NCAA team? At least UND hasn't dropped that far in scheduling some home games.

Challenges against other conferences are a great idea. Unfortunately the other conferences have to agree to it. Fenton is already on record saying he's trying to help the conference improve their non-conference schedule, so it would seem he's on board. Can't force other conferences to do something they don't want to though. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

He has your back by explaining why NDSU ended up playing not even a non-D1 team but took it a step further and played a non-NCAA team? At least UND hasn't dropped that far in scheduling some home games.

Challenges against other conferences are a great idea. Unfortunately the other conferences have to agree to it. Fenton is already on record saying he's trying to help the conference improve their non-conference schedule, so it would seem he's on board. Can't force other conferences to do something they don't want to though. 

Pretty sure VCSU is NAIA, which is non NCAA. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

has my back by saying "should happen"......you missed that part?

• Upvote 1