SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Denver Friday Night

cowboys5xsbs

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Nope. Goodness, did you not read what I said? I'm talking about their players. Then, the players played and showed UND was the better team and result proved it. 

Unless there's a dramatic change tonight, I think UND showed last night they are the better team. 

You just said the same thing, based on one game that I’m sure Denver thought they had won.  If UND lost like that it would be all about them not playing 60 minutes and having a killer instinct.

1 minute ago, tnt said:

You just said the same thing, based on one game that I’m sure Denver thought they had won.  If UND lost like that it would be all about them not playing 60 minutes and having a killer instinct.

No, read my first post. The second paragraph. It's about our players being better. I'm saying the result only proved me right/reinforced. Had we lost that game, I would have said the same thing. Our players are better. 

It's also not based on one game. I've watched UND all season and watched DU now, I think, 5 times. Last night only reinforced.

23 minutes ago, tnt said:

UND doesn’t make a habit of it, but watch Blake’s celebration and look at the BU bench after his overtime winning goal.  

I didn’t like that cele either, in front of the BU bench. Blake tossed his twig in celebration after scoring the OT winner at CC last year as well which was ill-advised from what I’ve heard (the upperclassmen chewed him out in the locker room for that little stunt). 

15 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

No, read my first post. The second paragraph. It's about our players being better. I'm saying the result only proved me right/reinforced. Had we lost that game, I would have said the same thing. Our players are better. 

It's also not based on one game. I've watched UND all season and watched DU now, I think, 5 times. Last night only reinforced.

The only difference I see is that DU has a goaltending issue and have a few more growing pains on the back end.  Denver’s defense seems to have more high end offensive talent that are NHL prospects while ours is just playing sound defensive hockey blocking shots and taking away passing lanes.  

One thing I know all of us UND fans can agree on, this rivalry with DU is simply electric. I’ve attended many road games across the country and none are more electric than when UND travels to Magness Arena. While there appears to be a lot of mutual “hate” between the fans and players, I honestly think there’s a ton of mutual respect and having both teams in the NCHC simply makes it such a great, competitive conference. This series was the talk of the entire college hockey nation, not just the talk of the league. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

The only difference I see is that DU has a goaltending issue and have a few more growing pains on the back end.  Denver’s defense seems to have more high end offensive talent that are NHL prospects while ours is just playing sound defensive hockey blocking shots and taking away passing lanes.  

That's fair to think and honestly that helps reinforce my initial premise that we're a better team.

Top to bottom, I think our forward depth is better, our top end forward talent is better, and we defend better. This includes all three zones. I'd give them the nod on offense from the d-corps. 

• Upvote 1

I've seen some wild comeback games over the years, but wow that was a fun ending.  Denver looked simply faster at the beginning, and it took UND a while to get their legs going.  An 8 game win streak is impressive, but I have to think maybe it ends tonight?

6 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

I've seen some wild comeback games over the years, but wow that was a fun ending.  Denver looked simply faster at the beginning, and it took UND a while to get their legs going.  An 8 game win streak is impressive, but I have to think maybe it ends tonight?

Let's think positive until we have reason not to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

One thing I know all of us UND fans can agree on, this rivalry with DU is simply electric. I’ve attended many road games across the country and none are more electric than when UND travels to Magness Arena. While there appears to be a lot of mutual “hate” between the fans and players, I honestly think there’s a ton of mutual respect and having both teams in the NCHC simply makes it such a great, competitive conference. This series was the talk of the entire college hockey nation, not just the talk of the league. 

Well, there is (or at least was) Minnesota.....

• Upvote 1