SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Murray State

Nodak78

7 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Not too challenging of a concept. 
-Bubba under contract until 2025

- UND is awful on the road and has one 1 playoff game win in the past 10 years of Bubba being head coach (I repeat, one win in the past 10 seasons!). 

-UND defense in 2023 is bad. 

-Danny Freund is associate head coach and OC. He is next in-line for HC job if Bubba were to leave before his contract expires (or even if contract expires) and ask that job go to current staff member. 

- ultimately, I agree an open competition (job opening) would be the best for UND football, but would that happen with Chaves given the above? Chaves extended Bubba Schweigert in 2021 despite going 5-6 and the team has not shown substantial improvement since. 1 playoff appearance since 2021 extension; only 1 playoff win for Bubba as HC in an asterisk season of 2020 (spring 2021 COVID season where several programs weren’t participating and several games were canceled). To be enamored with the current (and previous decade plus) leadership is impossible unless you’re significantly biased or misinformed. 

- UND football needs new leadership if you want to see UND be a true national championship contender. 

Dude, we get it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

We need to win on the road and we won today to go to 6-3 and your narrative never changes. 

Ad nauseam.  

Have you tried to think beyond that. It’s because the program never changes. You’re grandstanding beating 2-6 Murray State. Okay. 

Same mediocre program that can’t win on the road, can’t win playoff games, etc.

Why would my narrative change when the program doesn’t change. 

No confidence that UND can win @USD or win a road playoff game; no confidence back in 2014 (Bubba’s first season) and no confidence now in 2023. But I sure do hope it happens because I do believe in miracles/upsets. 

Main postgame thought for me, which has been pretty consistent for a couple years, is that we just lack playmakers on defense.  No one there really who is much above average.  I thought McNeal looked like a traffic cone much of the second half.  Sure would be nice to get Ziebarth back.  Skokna should realistically think about hanging it up at this point, just never healthy for 5 years.

4 minutes ago, Devils said:

Main postgame thought for me, which has been pretty consistent for a couple years, is that we just lack playmakers on defense.  No one there really who is much above average.  I thought McNeal looked like a traffic cone much of the second half.  Sure would be nice to get Ziebarth back.  Skokna should realistically think about hanging it up at this point, just never healthy for 5 years.

No playmakers - sure, I agree - but do you need playmakers to stop a 2-6 team on 4th&24??

A: No. you need a well coached, disciplined team with good fundamentals (can tackle in space). That is not the UND defense right now. 

28 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Have you tried to think beyond that. It’s because the program never changes. Your grandstanding beating 2-6 Murray State. Okay. 

Same mediocre program that can’t win on the road, can’t win playoff games, etc.

Why would my narrative change when the program doesn’t change. 

No confidence that UND can beat @USD or win a road playoff game; no confidence back in 2014 (Bubba’s first season) and no confidence now in 2023. But I sure do hope it happens because I do believe in miracles/upsets. 

We all get your point. It’s just frustrating to see you post the same thing constantly.  You posted  the same thing 4 times within 5 minutes. Not even saying your opinion is wrong. Just tired of seeing it over and over and over.   

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Ziebarth just gives this offense a different dimension and some punch you in the mouth toughness. If he's back next week I like our chances to put up points with Tommy finding a groove as well. 

Defensively......well not sure they'd hold Shanley to under 4 scores on Friday. UND has better talent then they're showing on D. 

• Upvote 2

We did enough to win today, but aren’t playing with the same defensive confidence and swagger that we had against the Bison.  We came up hard and met the play against NDSU instead of letting it come to us 5 to 7 yards deep and then not making the open field tackle.  We have definitely not done that the last 3 weeks.  We need to get that mentality back.  Do that and we can make a run.  And, of course, the decision to have CJ taking kick returns continues to boggle my mind, which proved today why most of us thought that was a bad idea.    Our secondary is already a question mark. Losing CJ is not something we could afford to do. Offense can look good at times, as long as the opposing d doesn’t sell out on the tunnel and bubble screens and we refuse to do anything else.  Get a running mix and look downfield once in a while and we have the offensive weapons to score.  Just need the defense to do their part.   Bring the mentality we had with the Bison to vermillion and let’s see what happens….

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Not too challenging of a concept. 
-Bubba under contract until 2025

- UND is awful on the road and has one 1 playoff game win in the past 10 years of Bubba being head coach (I repeat, one win in the past 10 seasons!). 

-UND defense in 2023 is bad. 

-Danny Freund is associate head coach and OC. He is next in-line for HC job if Bubba were to leave before his contract expires (or even if contract expires) and ask that job go to current staff member. 

- ultimately, I agree an open competition (job opening) would be the best for UND football, but would that happen with Chaves given the above? Chaves extended Bubba Schweigert in 2021 despite going 5-6 and the team has not shown substantial improvement since. 1 playoff appearance since 2021 extension; only 1 playoff win for Bubba as HC in an asterisk season of 2020 (spring 2021 COVID season where several programs weren’t participating and several games were canceled). To be enamored with the current (and previous decade plus) leadership is impossible unless you’re significantly biased or misinformed. 

- UND football needs new leadership if you want to see UND be a true national championship contender. 

Meh, we were terrible when Bubba took over and that wasn’t changing over night.  I don’t disagree we need to be a lot better in the road but using the first years against him is digging to make your argument hold water. 

50 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

We all get your point. It’s just frustrating to see you post the same thing constantly.  You posted  the same thing 4 times within 5 minutes. Not even saying your opinion is wrong. Just tired of seeing it over and over and over.   

Then don’t come on here and read it. Not too hard of a concept, really. 

You do know the whole point of this forum is to talk about UND sports and say your opinions right???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

Disagree. ndsu had as good of defense as you’ll get during that run. Jensen, Stick, and Lance all had to make big plays against good teams. Game manager can only get you so far

They all also had career completion percentages between 61-65% and not 56% like Murray's QB. 

Stick and Lance were freak athletes for Qb's as well. 

Not arguing a stretching the field down the seams or running more tempo seems like it would help but Tommy having a 67% career completion rate and his decision making is what makes the offense work. Get off schedule and it we have a lot more games that look like UNI. 

1 hour ago, Devils said:

Losing McNaboe really hurts, he is really good at getting home, this pppr defensive performance was really on the secondary, can’t let them throw the ball like that and not make any plays on the ball. 

Just now, Siouxperman8 said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................

You’re the one crying on here because someone has an opinion that you don’t agree with?!?!? Grown adults crying online is something I’ll never understand. Such strange behavior

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

You’re the one crying on here because someone has an opinion that you don’t agree with?!?!? Grown adults crying online is something I’ll never understand. Such strange behavior

This is literally all you do on this website. You've never brought a legitimate discussion to the table. 

• Downvote 1