SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 ND High School Hockey

4 hours ago, ChadR said:

What is the background there?

Owner of Hoist hockey in South Fargo, it is a hockey training facility with all kinds of toys.  Believe his kids play in the Angels Program.  Rumor has it he is taking over the H.A. Thompson rink in North Fargo, and the Bizen will play games there, as they currently play in Moorhead.

I'd imagine if he got a Tier 1 team they'd play out of that arena as well.   

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Owner of Hoist hockey in South Fargo, it is a hockey training facility with all kinds of toys.  Believe his kids play in the Angels Program.  Rumor has it he is taking over the H.A. Thompson rink in North Fargo, and the Bizen will play games there, as they currently play in Moorhead.

The second crappiest rink in Fargo behind Angels Arena.  Not the best recruiting tool.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Yep he owns HA Thompson arena 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, SiouxperDave said:

https://www.npdistrict.com/page/show/80964-northern-plains-district

Kids who have left ND to play in MN or elsewhere shouldn't be allowed to represent ND at these camps.

I agree with your main point.  Go to Warroad, Moorhead (girls side)...that's where you tryout.  Hockey academies as well, but that's a little tougher to manage I think.

Pretty cool for Kenleigh Fischer to make the U18 National Camp.  That has to be fairly rare for ND.  I've been paying closer attention to girls HS hockey for maybe 4-5 years and she's the first I can remember.  Hope she sticks it out in ND through her senior season. 

Sidebar: how much of this is just an epic money grab?  I clicked on one of the camps and I think it was $750 freaking dollars just to participate.  

19 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Weeks later, Tier 1 team doesn't happen.  Wonder what the next steps are. 

The better players will leave the state for better competition as they have previously.

Big mistake not approving it in my opinion.

On 6/11/2024 at 2:49 PM, Speez said:

The better players will leave the state for better competition as they have previously.

Big mistake not approving it in my opinion.

They always will they have to... the USHL NAHL drafts are a big glaring spotlight as to how much respect North Dakota High School hockey has in the eyes the hockey world.

And NDHSAA has and is signaling as always.... We Don't Care.

The message is clear GET OUT OF NORTH DAKOTA as soon as possible.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...