SiouxSports.com Forum

Stanley Cup Playoffs

cberkas

Holy !@#$! Look at the slow-mo of the Foligno "tripping call". The ONLY contact was Marchment hitting him in the head! There was no other contact by any body part. It was 100% Marchment to Foligno's head and he tried to cross check his head, but went too high, so it was only a full-on forearm to the face, which resulted in a bloody nose.

edti: well, there was a bit of shoulder-to-chest contact... still, horeshit call

9 hours ago, N of GF said:

Holy !@#$! Look at the slow-mo of the Foligno "tripping call". The ONLY contact was Marchment hitting him in the head! There was no other contact by any body part. It was 100% Marchment to Foligno's head and he tried to cross check his head, but went too high, so it was only a full-on forearm to the face, which resulted in a bloody nose.

edti: well, there was a bit of shoulder-to-chest contact... still, horeshit call

If anyone should of had a penalty it would be Marchment for a high stick and drawing blood 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Shocker in Tampa Bay. Leafs down 4-1 going into the third only to come back and tie it at 4 then win it in overtime. Go up 3 games to one 

Dare I say TBL looked like a team that was ... old and tired. 

4 hours ago, cberkas said:

Now is the time the Leafs blow the 3-1 series lead.  

Oh no. I believe TOR will finally get past the first round ... and then be autopsied alive by BOS. 
BOS is winning w/o 37 and 46. Imagine them (BOS) without a round of wear and play on the top two centers. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Kraken beat Avs in OT 3-2. Series tied at 2 each. I expect the league to review a hit by Makar. It was called a major on the ice and reduced to a minor on review. Very late hit and a game suspension wouldn't surprise me. 

That is the weakest play I've ever seen by Cale Makar. The hit was very late and unnecessary (far from play, no puck near) and dare I say cheap. Frankly, it should on that basis be a "matching" penalty: for the rest of COL/SEA if McCann is out Makar sits. If COL advances suspension over. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

That is the weakest play I've ever seen by Cale Makar. The hit was very late and unnecessary (far from play, no puck near) and dare I say cheap. Frankly, it should on that basis be a "matching" penalty: for the rest of COL/SEA if McCann is out Makar sits. If COL advances suspension over. 

That would be the thing to do but I’m betting the league fines him the max of 5 grand and call it a day. Very unMakar like 

On 4/23/2023 at 9:40 PM, N of GF said:

I missed the first period, but Wes Walz was saying there were multiple calls against Dallas that were missed. 

I'm a Wild fan so I don't really want to admit it, but the interference against Dallas in the second was a terrible call. Was probably just makeup for the first terrible call against Foligno. 

Anyone else here watching on the Bally Sports online app? SOB's cut out with about three minutes left to jump over to the Timberwolves game. WTF? It's an online app. I selected the hockey game. People that want to watch bouncy ball can pick that. What a F-ing joke that app is. Not too hard to figure out why they're filing for bankruptcy.

It wasn't just the app, BSN on Midco here cut to Timberwolves pregame.  I flipped over to ESPN/TNT (can't remember) for the end of the game but that was a serious WTF? moment on Bally's part.  

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

It definitely was a cheap shot. The way he looked at the ref makes me think he didn't hear the whistle. McCann obviously heard the whistle because he was coasting because the play was over. 

1 minute ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

It definitely was a cheap shot. The way he looked at the ref makes me think he didn't hear the whistle. McCann obviously heard the whistle because he was coasting because the play was over. 

Hearing the whistle has nothing to do with it....he didn't have the puck.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Dare I say TBL looked like a team that was ... old and tired. 

Oh no. I believe TOR will finally get past the first round ... and then be autopsied alive by BOS. 
BOS is winning w/o 37 and 46. Imagine them (BOS) without a round of wear and play on the top two centers. 

Hoping Bergeron and Krejci can get back soon.  Bergeron gonna skate today with the team so he’s hopeful for game 5.  Too soon to tell when Krejci will be available.

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

I was wrong on Makar. He got a game suspension 

One game makes me hope the next round is MIN/COL and Makar tries that on Kaprisov. There's this Ryan Reeves fellow that has no problem interjecting himself into such matters, and with great verve and panache. He'd have "conversation points" for Makar; I'd need popcorn. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

One game makes me hope the next round is MIN/COL and Makar tries that on Kaprisov. There's this Ryan Reeves fellow that has no problem interjecting himself into such matters, and with great verve and panache. He'd have "conversation points" for Makar; I'd need popcorn. 

Reaves needs a meeting with Suter tonight. Makar can wait 

The Wild are toast, don’t see much chance for them to win the series.  Not a fan of Dean Evason, I think he made a major blunder by switching goalies for game 2.  I don’t care what they did in the regular season rotating goalies, when your goalie plays as well as Gustavsson did in game 1 there is no way in hell you change goalies for game 2.  Just a really, really stupid move.