SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

ASU returning a good group of 5th year forwards:

Arizona State announces leading scorer Lukas Sillinger (11-37--48), F Ty Jackson (6-12--18), F Dylan Jackson (7-4--11) and F Benji Eckerle (5-15--20) will play their fifth seasons for the Sun Devils, who are joining the NCHC.

4 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

This is why I hate the portal. The non-elite teams will be harvested constantly in their fanbase will be disjointed and disconnected.

Yeah, it's like UND men's basketball, kind of hard to be totally invested when every time you develop and have good talent they take off for greener pastures.  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, brianvf said:

Dang.  Potulny is gonna have his work cut out for him this offseason:

8 of these are SR or GR.  So, it isn't as bad as it looks from a portal standpoint.

• Upvote 1

Costantini could be getting some big minutes next season for WMU, could really see his numbers improve greatly.
He's one player that I wish would have stuck it out here...I think he could have contributed this year at UND, for sure.

WMU loses 7 of their top 9 scorers from this year's team...only Bump and Costantini are scheduled to return.
Although it seems like they've been in that same position the last few years and always seem to get some players to step up offensively.

The rosters of UNO and WMU will look very different next season...both of them losing a lot.

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Seems low, but I think that was what Bergeron was making. 

Miami, SCSU and WMU have about 2/3rd of the average NCHC program budget.  They are more aligned with CCHA programs.

image.png.d1bb232d56ad76d4176cc52889f613e1.png 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

When did UMass join the CCHA? :D 

Opps sorry..  I added then to the list because of the recent change to the MAC copy and paste from Bowling Green. 

I was trying show a couple of points:

1) How far behind several schools are on funding within the NCHC.  And could this drive change.

2) St. Clouds comparison the Minnesota St.

3) I like St. Thomas it will be interesting to see what the new arena does.

4) And I am interested in see Lindenwood and Augie numbers in the future. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2024 at 12:57 PM, FSSD said:

Miami, SCSU and WMU have about 2/3rd of the average NCHC program budget.  They are more aligned with CCHA programs.

image.png.d1bb232d56ad76d4176cc52889f613e1.png 

Who makes more Berry or Carle?

14 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Pointless response. It does matter because I am curious what the answer is.

And I am more curious as to who is nicer.  Clearly you are not nicer than Brad Berry.

7 hours ago, Big A HG said:

And I am more curious as to who is nicer.  Clearly you are not nicer than Brad Berry.

scpa was the nicest poster 7 or 8 years ago.   Problem is, he hasn't even been pleasant since then.  

2 hours ago, burd said:

scpa was the nicest poster 7 or 8 years ago.   Problem is, he hasn't even been pleasant since then.  

Jeez fellas..it’s only Thursday. I forgot the emoji