SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

On 2/26/2024 at 2:11 PM, cberkas said:

Both conferences did the NCAA mandatory 3 games for all players suspended and those two are done for the year. The replies on Twitter are hilarious, from soft to sue the school. 

I remember the one North Dakota player that at least wait to be let out to fight the Denver player. 

If that is the fight that I am remembering right...that was Radke and he came back from the locker room to fight.  He had just gotten out of the penalty box for the end of the period.

20 minutes ago, siouxforeverbaby said:

If that is the fight that I am remembering right...that was Radke and he came back from the locker room to fight.  He had just gotten out of the penalty box for the end of the period.

I think it was when Vossberg and He were let out at the end of the period and went at it in front of the box. 

The end of the Alaska /ASU game was a gong show. ASU hits a guy from behind under a minute, then Alaska puts 2 in the net. 

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

Good to see them taking action, but given their vision, the price estimate is probably 10 million too low, minimum, and that's being optimistic.  Watertown's arena was just built for 36 million.

On 2/26/2024 at 11:50 PM, cberkas said:

This rendering below was in an article from November 2023, and the article I found it in said it will have the same 2200 capacity as the link above.  I think this picture may be outdated though, because I feel like I remember seeing it before. Curious how close this will be to the final plan.  Could this rendering below be as low as 2200?  Perhaps if the seating doesn't extend behind the net on the right side of the picture?  Despite being on the smaller side, this would be pretty legit. https://www.dailygazette.com/news/local/mohawk-harbor-arena/article_e3ae7b48-843a-11ee-9b71-8bb57e5db8bd.html

image.png.6361a31517e4428fa58163b763e8b94e.png

2 hours ago, Goon said:

This is really good discussion. 

I definitely want to try Brad's idea.  The conferences have eschewed neutral sites, so I think there's a chance the NCAA will be on board, especially if the coaches are not resisting it like they once were.  As for Adam's argument that pairwise can't be taken literally for determining home/away (higher seeds), that would only get muddled for maybe 2 tournament games (8-9, 7-10), and would probably even out over time.

40 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I definitely want to try Brad's idea.  The conferences have eschewed neutral sites, so I think there's a chance the NCAA will be on board, especially if the coaches are not resisting it like they once were.  As for Adam's argument that pairwise can't be taken literally for determining home/away (higher seeds), that would only get muddled for maybe 2 tournament games (8-9, 7-10), and would probably even out over time.

I agree; I want to see it happen soon. I could care less about what the naysayers want to say. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Goon said:

I agree; I want to see it happen soon. I could care less about what the naysayers want to say. 

The people responsible for the neutral site regionals are probably the same geniuses who came up with 3x3 overtime and shootouts.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The people responsible for the neutral site regionals are probably the same geniuses who came up with 3x3 overtime and shootouts.

Jerks!

4 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I think they're too high in the Pairwise to miss it.

Michigan is at #15 and was the last team in on the latest bracketology.
Unless you meant the Goofs...yeah I'd love to see them miss it as well, but yeah, they're too high for sure.