SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting News?

siouxcool

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I will spell it out for you because obviously, you still don't get it.

I don't think Hakstol is a chump.

I don't agree with people not giving him a chance and already calling for his head.

I DO think he can be successful at this level and hope that he is.

I DO think he should be commended for bringing in such a bigtime recruit, ESPECIALLY considering the pressure Tri-City was presumably applying to the Toews family.

And I am not a coach, but If I did coach I would make you skate 25 lightings/Herbies'/lines, whatever you call them, for replying to a post you clearly had not read and understood. :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

doggy dog, thank you for putting it in a manner better than I (not that that is particularly difficult).

I think it is a great catch in Toews and will be a wonderful addition to the Sioux... but I still won't believe it is over and done with until a National LOI is signed.

And my projected Woog pronounciation: Toewes TOH WEhZ :D

Edited by redwing77

There are several younger brothers and sisters at SSM who could be future Sioux.  I believe Murray also has a younger sister who plays hockey (I might be wrong on that).  Phillipe Lamoureax has a couple of twin sisters who are the top players for SSM as 9th graders.  By the time they get to college, they should dominate for 4 years.  Maybe they'll accelerate and be at UND by the time Phil is a senior.  Mario is also a big-time recruit.  Hopefully, they'll all want to return home and follow Phil's lead.  We could potentially have 4 Lamoureax's playing for the Sioux in 3 years.  Plus, there are a couple more (Roger Lamoureax's kids) up in Calgary that are pretty good players.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What ever happened to PJ Lamoureax? Did he give up hockey?

It's not clear if the Kessel to BU thing is legit or not.  Gives non-gopher fans some hope but could be false hope.  Time will tell.

Regardless, Coach Hak got the job done on a big time recruit, it appears. Congratulations to him.

WELCOME JONATHAN, TO

THE FIGHTING SIOUX!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Imagine if they got both Toews and Kessel.

There are several younger brothers and sisters at SSM who could be future Sioux.  I believe Murray also has a younger sister who plays hockey (I might be wrong on that).  Phillipe Lamoureax has a couple of twin sisters who are the top players for SSM as 9th graders.  By the time they get to college, they should dominate for 4 years.  Maybe they'll accelerate and be at UND by the time Phil is a senior.  Mario is also a big-time recruit.  Hopefully, they'll all want to return home and follow Phil's lead.  We could potentially have 4 Lamoureax's playing for the Sioux in 3 years.  Plus, there are a couple more (Roger Lamoureax's kids) up in Calgary that are pretty good players.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How old are Roger Lamoureax'x kids?

this is off topic, but a page back a question was brought up about recruiting a big enforcer-type defenseman like Commodore. although young, next year's defense won't be a huge hole to fill with our recruits already committed for next year.

has anyone heard of UND recruiting a goalie to come in next year? i think everyone is satisfied in saying that Lamoureux and Parise will battle back and forth and likely split time again next year. Lamoureux will likely play here for 3 more years and Parise 2. who would be a recruit that would push those two. i'm not just thinking a practice goalie like Sofie, but a legitimate candidate for the next four years. as we have seen, the sioux like to keep 3 goalies (obviously for practice reasons, but competition would be a good thing, too) and i don't see any goalies appearing on UND's recruiting page (on INCH) or heard of any signings. does anybody know of a goalie coming here?

Just for my own perspective I put the list together of the players leaving, those coming back, and the new ones coming. This assumes that the NHL is in the same boat and Greene does not go pro and that all underclassmen on the roster also come back.

Leaving

Matt Jones D

Andy Schneider D

Nick Fuher D

Quinn Fylling F

Colby Genoway F

Rory McMahon F

Brian Cannady F

James Massen F

Jake Brandt G

Coming

Zach Jones D

Taylor Chorney D

Brian Lee D

Ryan Duncan F

Matt Watkins F

Andrew Kozek F

Chris VandeVelde F Possibly 2006

TJ Oshie F Possible 2006

Jonathan Toews F

Brad Miller F

Returnees:

Forwards:

Mike Prpich Sr

Eric Fabian Jr

Brady Murray Jr

Chris Porter Jr

Drew Stafford Jr

Rastislav Spirko So

Travis Zajack So

Rylan Kaip So

Defense:

Matt Greene Sr

Lee Marvin Sr

Robbie Bina Jr

Scott Foyt Jr

Matt Smaby Jr

Kyle Radke So

Goalies:

Jordan Parise Jr

Phillipe Lamoureux Fr

So that puts us at 13 forwards and 9 defensemen plus two goalies.

That means we'd have 2 forwards and 3 defensemen sitting each game.

Possible lines are:

Zajak-Murray-Stafford

Toews-Porter-Spirko

Watkins-Prpich-Duncan

Kaip-Kozek-Miller

That means we'd have Fabian and either Kaip or Oshie sitting out. Of course anyone could sit depending on how well the freshmen actually perform.

Defense:

Greene-Jones (sounds sort of familiar)

Smaby-Radke

Lee-Chorney

So we'd end up sitting Foyt, Bina, and Marvin.

I'm sure they will still be recruiting a goalie since they need 3 for practice but I'd expect this guy to be a project or someone very young.

Just a first crack at some possbilities for next year's team.

Coming

Zach Jones D

Taylor Chorney D

Brian Lee D

Ryan Duncan F

Matt Watkins F

Andrew Kozek F

Chris VandeVelde F

TJ Oshie F

Jonathan Toews F

Brad Miller D

So that puts us at 14 forwards and 10 defensemen plus two goalies.

That means we'd have 2 forwards and 4 defensemen sitting each game.

Possible lines are:

Zajak-Murray-Stafford

Toews-Porter-Spirko

Watkins-Prpich-Duncan

Oshie/Kaip-Kozek-Vandevelde

Yeah, Miller is a forward, and we should probably plan next year's lines without at least Greene, I think it would take a miracle for him to stay here.

I like leaving the top line together of Murray/Zajac/Stafford, but I'm not sure Duncan would fit in too well on the checking line with Prpich being that he is 5'6". :angry:

I would guess that of the 06 recruits, Oshie or VandeVelde, probably Oshie would come early if someone leaves early or if we just look short on forward.

Just for my own perspective I put the list together of the players leaving, those coming back, and the new ones coming. This assumes that the NHL is in the same boat and Greene does not go pro and that all underclassmen on the roster also come back.

Leaving

Miller is having a tough year in the USHL.  I wonder if he will be ready to play DI next season?  Would he possibly stay in the USHL one more season?

Part of the reason he may be struggling is because Green Bay is having such a horrible year.

Not even Blake Wheeler is having that good of a year on the same team.

Blake is 10-14-24 with a -5 +/-

Brad is 8-8-16 with a -6 +/-

He should be able to come in and do alright on the 4th line or maybe even the checking line.