SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

For once I agree with you. Well written and well stated.

One minor change: I would substitute Bemidji with St. Thomas. Otherwise, you are right.

I agree with you, I should have included St. Thomas,  but I would include Bemidji. I would also keep a close eye on the progress of Augustana. Sanford will continue to support the programs and facilities in Sioux Falls and Bemidji. I don’t believe Sanford will directly participate in NIL funding but that is not based on anything except gut feeling. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

From what I was told this week, it's HE that is considering staying one more year in the USHL. The team agrees, and both sides are saying he could come in, but he personally feels he's not ready yet.

That's why I'm playing beer league. Just still honing some of those skills and developing. I'll be ready to make the jump ..... eventually!

:lol:

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

The last several days have been ominously quiet.

Which is kind of weird isn't? For those teams in the Frozen 4, the movement after won't be in the transfer portal. I believe the movement would be the NHL or back to their respective teams. There's got be someone out there that has the metrics of player movement to the transfer portal after the National Championship game.

1 hour ago, Oldguy said:

The last several days have been ominously quiet.

I’m wondering if a lot of players are waiting to talk to family and advisors during this Easter weekend, and maybe we’ll see a lot of movement during this coming week. 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Mass exodus in Minnesota.

He was a given just like Faber, Lacombe, and Johnson are all likely gone. The actual decisions are Cooley, Koster, Brodzinski, and Nelson. I guess Close to but his is just about playing the extra year or not. Snuggerud has already said he will be back for them.

On 3/31/2023 at 2:11 PM, AJS said:

Based on the timing of Portz entering, I'm guessing the decision was mutual. 

If Portz doesn’t get picked up by another team is there a possibility he could still go back to UND? 

8 minutes ago, UND85 said:

If Portz doesn’t get picked up by another team is there a possibility he could still go back to UND? 

Yeah that option would still be there as long as he and the coaches mutually agreed. 
A CC player already did that this off-season. Entered the portal then elected to stay at CC. 

On 4/5/2023 at 2:17 PM, The Sicatoka said:

< checks watch > 

No Albrecht news?
No news on a Caulfield replacement?
And don't we still need two defensemen?
Are we 100% that Hedquist is coming in as well as Persson? 

< checks watch > 

Even this is obsolete already. 

With whispers of Strathmann considering another USHL year do we need two D, or three? From where, meaning Jubenvill from the pipeline or three portals? Bringing back Bast (UMD) or Moore (QU) is off the table. 

My go-to source tells me Hedquist is coming.