SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

Well if true then good luck to Judd, nothing against him but I hope the jump to the NHL will give him that jump in his game. His time at UND was certainly interesting for me as he would show glimpses of his potential but then would go MIA for long stretches. All signs point to him signing.

2 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Well if true then good luck to Judd, nothing against him but I hope the jump to the NHL will give him that jump in his game. His time at UND was certainly interesting for me as he would show glimpses of his potential but then would go MIA for long stretches. All signs point to him signing.

I'd never fault anyone for signing a contract. Good luck to him. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, 1972 said:

according to the penguins, they just got the trade done with the ducks..judd is officially traded

Yup.
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/696047 

But scroll through CapFriendly; there are "$0 rights trades" that happen all the time with no signings.

Caulfield's not gone until a signing announcement. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Unfortunately he’ll has AHL/ECHL written all over him. He may get a game in this year however. I would assume that’s part of the deal.

30 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

You're not optimistic?:wink:

The team was 3 games above .500 on the season and we’re grumbling about some new faces on the roster? Maybe next year’s Houston Texans can be better than this year’s team…they just need the exact same players back.  That’s not how it usually works, is it?

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The team was 3 games above .500 on the season and we’re grumbling about some new faces on the roster?  Hey, maybe next year’s Houston Texans can be better than this year’s team…they just need the exact same players back.  That’s not how it usually works, is it?

thats-not-how-this-works-thats-not-how-a

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I believe he would become a free agent in August. If a team trades for his rights, they must think they can sign him. 

I thought so too but the langauge says College Eligbility.

For collegiate and college-track players, NHL teams hold the rights to drafted prospects for the duration of their NCAA eligibility. In the case of a player who spends his draft-plus-year in an amateur junior A league such as the USHL before starting college, it could be a five-year signing window.