SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (11-19, 5-12) vs UST (18-12, 9-8) 2/25 1 PM

SWSiouxMN

11 AM start and UND definitely looked like the part as their good vibes that they were feeling came to a screetching halt by Massner and company.   We have now reached the final game of the regular season against the Tommies of St. Thomas, who are looking to finish in the top 4.

The Tommies have put together an impressive 2nd season at the D1 level and there is reason why they could cause some problems in Sioux Falls this year.  If they can keep their team together for another season... could they be a contender for a Summit Crown???

Today is senior day for UND and they will be honoring 3 people:  Brady Danielson, Mitchell Sueker, and Caleb Nero. Thank you for everything that you have been done for UND basketball during your time in the program.

For UND today, it is time to end the season on a high note and go into Sioux Falls with some momentum.  UND can be anywhere between an 8 seed and a 10 seed in Sioux Falls.  

Norman is still 10 3s away from tying Q for the UND D1 record for made 3s in a season.

Important game:

Omaha @ Denver

This game can also impact UNDs seeding hopes.  Cheer for the Mavs on this one and hope UND takes care of business.

The Call:

UND needs to find a way to slow down Rhode, Bjorklund, and Miller.  UND also needs to get off to a better start and keep their energy levels up for 40 minutes.  They need to find a way to get Norman going again from 3 and let T do his thing inside and outside.  Lets see if Treysen and BJ can end their freshman years on a high note at home.  They need to find a way to get this one home for Brady, Mitchell, and Caleb. This is a heart pick than a head pick.

UND 79-77   

Games is on the Tres

• Upvote 1

Trey has done a nice job today.  Made a couple of perfect back door feeds which are there all day with their overplay on the outside.  We seriously need to learn to talk on picks though.  Can’t figure out switching or not switching and someone is left wide open.  Half the reason that everyone shoots 50 to 60 percent against us…

19 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Does anybody have the status on Norman? Listed as a junior but must be a senior one has to assume?

No idea why he’s listed as a junior in the first place. Played two years at JUCO and now two years at UND. He should be listed as a senior and next year he’d be listed as a 5th year player like they have for Mitchell 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Kab said:

St Thomas isn’t eligible for the ncaa tourney?

why would they be in the conference tourney?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if they win the tournament who gets the auto bid?  Tourney runner up or regular season champion?  I would hope the latter but I have no idea.

18 hours ago, Kassonvike said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if they win the tournament who gets the auto bid?  Tourney runner up or regular season champion?  I would hope the latter but I have no idea.

I believe I seen the regular season champ would go if they won it.