SiouxSports.com Forum

Duluth visits REA.

Wilbur

37 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Which is exactly why they wanted him to defer. His time and development would have been wasted if they brought him in this year, just to have him scratched frequently. He was behind Blake, McLaughlin, James and Strinden. And James and Strinden have been scratched quite a bit. 

Strinden yes. James has been in the lineup for all but three games.

24 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The whole Nattys vs. Frozen Four thing is a false choice and a premise I 1000% reject. More troubling is we have ONE NCAA win since hanging #8 in 2016.

The mob here wanted Hakstol run out of town for not winning a Frozen four…now it’s ok to miss the NCAA tournament or be a one-and-done because St. Thomas, Canisius College. and Lindenwood are new reasons to use the word “parity.”

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The mob here wanted Hakstol run out of town for not winning a Frozen four…now it’s ok to miss the NCAA tournament or be a one-and-done because St. Thomas, Canisius College. and Lindenwood are new reasons to use the word “parity.”

Not ok, but if you replace those three schools with teams like Quinnipiac, Providence, UMass, I think we're getting closer.

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

You leave the Golden Griffs and the Wookie out of this. :angry:

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Not ok, but if you replace those three schools with teams like Quinnipiac, Providence, UMass, I think we're getting closer.

I’ll concede that some cellar dwellers have put together some good seasons recently while Maine, UNH, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Lake Superior State and others have fallen off the blue blood wagon.  The question is, will North Dakota join them?

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

I’ll concede that some cellar dwellers have put together some good seasons recently while Maine, UNH, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Lake Superior State and others have fallen off the blue blood wagon.  The question is, will North Dakota join them?

I mean, I guess they could, but like I said before, this is our first poor season since 18-19 and we're on the heels of three really great (one incredibly great) seasons and we have a really strong pipeline of recruits. 

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

I mean, I guess they could, but like I said before, this is our first poor season since 18-19 and we're on the heels of three really great (one incredibly great) seasons and we have a really strong pipeline of recruits. 

Ease up on the optimism....it might be the contagious kind!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

BB went with the Swede then the Big Johnson vs WMU in which a victory....just one win would help your Pairwise position. Yet 10 19 27 and 28 are untouchable lineup wise?

untouchable line up wise, yea, sometimes it seems like that.  Buts lets back up the train a tish and for starters the program should give up the easy recruiting travel and pass on the GF hockey players and actually go up north and recruit a few players that haven't played Fargo Sheyenne, Fargo North/South or Devils Lake for 16 games in their last two years of competition.  Most likely great kids but elite DI hockey??  

18 minutes ago, Going48 said:

untouchable line up wise, yea, sometimes it seems like that.  Buts lets back up the train a tish and for starters the program should give up the easy recruiting travel and pass on the GF hockey players and actually go up north and recruit a few players that haven't played Fargo Sheyenne, Fargo North/South or Devils Lake for 16 games in their last two years of competition.  Most likely great kids but elite DI hockey??  

Uh huh.....

1 hour ago, Going48 said:

Ummm ... hate to break it to you but none of UND's North Dakota players played HS "in their last two years of competition".  All of them played juniors or went to the NTDP.  

As for whether they were picked because it was "easy recruiting travel", you should back your train up a bit and talk to some NHL scouts first.  Of the 7, 4 are NHL draft picks.  One was brought in as a 3rd goalie (and has worked his way into a start).  

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Three “incredibly great” seasons?  I’ll spot you that 2019-2020 had the markings of a potential title run and the 5OT loss to UMD season was still memorable, but the one-and-done tournament last season against Notre Dame?  

• Upvote 1

Three “incredibly great” seasons?  I’ll spot you that 2019-2020 had the markings of a potential title run and the 5OT loss to UMD season was still memorable, but the one-and-done tournament last season against Notre Dame?  

There's a good possibility a couple will be able to say they missed the NCAAs as many times as they played in it while at UND. Let that soak in. 

• Upvote 2

Close. I said three really great seasons and one incredible. I consider winning three conference titles really great. Some may not. 

UND has a new injury to add to the list.

Sophomore center Jake Schmaltz sustained an upper-body injury at practice this week and is doubtful for Friday's series opener against the Bulldogs.

Schmaltz has never missed a game in his collegiate career.

UND also will be without forward Dane Montgomery, who hasn't played yet this season due to an upper-body injury.

Minnesota Duluth will be without forward Blake Biondi, who suffered a season-ending shoulder injury. Moorhead's Kyler Kleven also is expected to miss the series due to injury.