Sioux/PSU Game Thread

SiouxperDave

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UND's defense is going to be busy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But they will be up to the task. They bent a bit vs GVSU, but they never broke. I think, as I've stated before, offense is the biggest issue right now. Our defense will show up to play, play hard, and do well. I'm sure of that.

Defense wins championships, so we have a good shot. After all, Baltimore and the NY Giants won superbowls and their offenses both weren't anything to write home about.

I'm hard on the offense, but I think it doesn't have to go as poorly (fundamental wise) as it did on Saturday. Let's come out gunning, pounding, covering, slamming, and nailing next week!

Defense wins championships, so we have a good shot.  After all, Baltimore and the NY Giants won superbowls and their offenses both weren't anything to write home about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could say that about the 1990 Giants, but not the 1986 New York offense that featured Pro Bowl players Phil Simms, Joe Morris, Mark Bavaro and Brad Benson. That team played outstanding ball-control offense.

I haven't been to Pittsburg St. since the last time the Sioux were in a playoff game there. I understand they have upgraded there facilities since that time (Thank God!!!) The MIAA and the North Central Confernce are very comparable and have very good players. I expect to see a good game with the No. 1 Offense against the No. 1 Defense. I am looking forward to the game, and hopefully a Sioux victory. UND's offense will have to keep turnovers to a minimum.

Go Sioux!!!!! :D

I realize that this is a different Pitt St. team, but it's the same QB. How many picks did he throw last year? I'm sure he's better, but he does have a demon to exorcise. ???

Seriously, though, I expect Pitt St. to score. However, I also expect some interceptions from us. Pitt St. used to be primarily running and it seems they pass more now. Our defense is geared to stop the run, but our secondary has been doing way better this year. Does anyone have comparable #'s on interceptions by our D in 2001 and 2003?

Our O will be the key. We need to be consistent. We can't be taking 3 and outs. We also need to hit a big play or two.

7 turnvers against NW Miss...there should be lots of chances for our Defense...hopefully we turn one or two of those turnovers into touchdowns....i dont see Pitt St. as gret as they claim to be....scoring more than three TD's...i say they get 17 points....but we need to come up with 18 so hopefully the defense can help us out with one TD...

I Googled "Og the gorilla" and this is all I found:

Gorilla statue in Harvey taken down 08/12/2003 - Harvey - AP - Og the Gorilla is no more.

It's from an article at www.123fargo.com that's no longer online. It's what led me to believe that perhaps Og was now on the scrap heap.

As someone who witnessed Og's birth and rise to fame in Mandan, I hope that Og is still on the job.

7 turnvers against NW Miss...there should be lots of chances for our Defense...hopefully we turn one or two of those turnovers into touchdowns....i dont see Pitt St. as gret as they claim to be....scoring more than three TD's...i say they get 17 points....but we need to come up with 18 so hopefully the defense can help us out with one TD...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They scored 50 points even with 7 turnovers. The odds of them turning the ball that many times next week are very small. NW miss is no slouch.

Memo to UND's offense: Run the ball

Memo to UND's defense: Stop the run

Memo to Jeff Glas: MAKE A FRICKEN KICK!!!!!!!!!!! ???

UND can win this game, but they almost have to play a perfect game on the road to do so. If they turn the ball over on their side of the fifty yard line Pitt State will probably turn it into points, so they have to be careful with the football. On defense they just have to stay away from giving up the big play, and contain Philpot, which is a lot EASIER said then done..... :huh: