SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/PSU Game Thread

SiouxperDave

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sioux offense needed to have a huge game today, and they did not. Sounds like a very impressive machine in Pitt State. I wouldn't mind seeing them smoke Valdosta with big points.

Congrats to Gorilla team/fans on what looks like a dominating season! AND, a Big-Up to the Sioux for once again showing it is one of the top programs in the country right now.

taz digs da Sioux

Don't I know that!! :D Crap, Now we'll have to listen to those dang Monkey's flinging their Poo around on D2football for the next week. I Now chearing for Valdosta now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:sad: I will cry now.

tough call either way in the kicking penalty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WTF are you talking about? How did what our guy did affect them at all? We got F*cked, not them. That completely turned the game around. If we get the ball back, we are down 8 with momentum. Instead, they get it back, run time off the clock, and luckily we stop them again, only to allow them to MAKE the field goal this time and make it a 2 possession game. That was a bush league call that should not have been made in a National Semi-final game. Hermes went straight up and landed off the back of the pads of one of his own players, roughly 1-2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Bullsh*t. It was over after that, UND did nothing.

I would have to agree with you. The leap didn't do anything to block the kick and all, I still say its a little shady call. Have one or two penalties called back today and y'all might be trying to figure out how to get your butts to alabama. However, This is football, and s&!t happens. Congratuations on the season there Sioux. Good Luck next season, until you play GVSU for the Regional title again. :sad::D

All in all, it was an outstanding season. After the UNO loss, I didn't think the team would be able to win a playoff game, and obviously they won three which is by no means an easy task.

In order to get back to the title game next year, I think the run defense needs to tighten up. Even though it was at times great this year, the Sioux did give up over 200 yards to UNO and USD, and over 300 yards to Pitt St., and that can't happen. The bar was set so high by the 2001 team, but I think giving up anything over 150 yards, even to the best rushing offenses, is unacceptable. Also, the offense needs to be more efficient. Today, for example, it really looked like we should have been able to score at least 27 points considering how Pitt's defense was on its heels for much of the game. Instead, it took a last minute td to even get to 19.

Yeah I was there tough game after the Sioux kicked their second field goal I thought this ain't gonna do it. We needed touchdowns and didn't get them. Well we got lucky in the first quarter after the ball hit our guy. Then the bull$hit call of leaping what the heck call is that??!!! we played good but the only thing I saw that helped us was that they kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties and that was about the only thing we could do to stop them. Great year guys and I'm glad I got to see the Sioux. Will be up there for the Canasius(sp?) hockey series.