SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/PSU Game Thread

SiouxperDave

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a hit to the helmet, leading with the helmet. That's a penalty.

Yep, definitely a legit penalty, and very stupid since the pass was already incomplete.

This game has been textbook so far. Philpot's passes so far have been awful, easy for the Sioux to stop. Sioux are doing a fair job containing Philpot's rushing, but Pitt St. is grinding out a lot of yards on the ground. Pitt St. has been dominating the ball, but special teams are why the score doesn't show it. If it continues like this, the Sioux will definitely need to force some turnovers or continue to play a perfect special teams game to give them the extra edge.

7-7 with about 4min remaining in the 1st

I don't get involved in all the Bison bashing that often goes on in here.  But, why are you here and posting, bisonguy!  You certainly have every right to watch the game, etc. but why do you take the time to post.  Don't you have anything better to do!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now now.. as long as he isn't trolling I welcome him.

UND D better start clamping down. TOP is something like 11:00 vs. 2:00 for Pitt St.  UND's depth might get worn down if PSU keeps sustained drives going  ;)

My bigger concern has been can the UND O burn some time? Scoring off favorable field position, D, special teams is nice and probably crucial to a Sioux win today, but the inconsistent Sioux O has to put together some sustained drives to make Pitt's D work a bit and give UND's D some rest.

I don't get involved in all the Bison bashing that often goes on in here.  But, why are you here and posting, bisonguy!  You certainly have every right to watch the game, etc. but why do you take the time to post.  Don't you have anything better to do!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can sit on the couch and watch the game on TV, or I can watch the game from my comfy chair in front of my PC, while watching another game on the PC. I'm not so absorbed into the rivalry that I won't cheer for UND if NDSU is not playing. ;)

Sioux recover from a 3rd and 19 with a long ball to Caleb Johnson. Sioux on Pitt St.'s 32, 1st down.

The previous play had been a big break for the Sioux, after a sack in which Belmore lost the ball but Sioux recovered.

Sioux have had great balance in being able to both run and pass this drive, grind out some 1st downs, burn some clock. Just what the doctor ordered.

We didn't get the TD, but I think our O has proved that will move the ball and put up some points.

Not the prettiest of drives, but we got some first downs and chewed up the clock.

Then Glas goes and kicks out of bounds on the kick off. How can that consistently happen?