SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/PSU Game Thread

SiouxperDave

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a 6'4" 250lb QB run for a 39 yrd gain. The D needs to wake up and quit getting stupid penalties. They're killing us out there.

They run the option for F sakes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This option is a little more explosive than years past. Philpot is not a freshman QB anymore.

The longer this game is close the better for the Sioux.

Yep, Sioux D held again, forcing another punt. I'm quite happy with 10-14 at this point.

Pitt St is getting yds as we knew they would, but the Sioux D has been bending not breaking. The Sioux D has been containing the pass pretty well, so when they can force the pass its been going well. The Sioux O has been doing a fine job of getting some time of possession and moving the ball. To my surprise, the Sioux O seemed to have had more big plays in the 1st half than Pitt St. O, but we didn't win the crucial TO/special teams battle.

Play the same game but have some of the little things go UND's way in the 2nd half and it's possible to win.

The Sioux O should be very pleased. Keep it up. It's amazed me how easily we've been throwing the ball. BUT...

Why wouldn't you go for some point before the end of the half?

The D needs to toughen up. I'm dissappointed in them. Yes, they are holding PSU out fo the endzone and have stopped them a few times, but I don't think PSU should have gotten either TD so easily. It just sounds like we are making some mistakes.

Second Half Thoughts:

I expect our D to toughen up. But I do expect PSU to hit some big plays still.

We will get a turnover or two in the second half. Hopefully our O can protect the ball better.

PSU has to be frustrated. They haven't had a close game at the half like this. It should interesting to see how they respond. If I were them, I'd just keep running the ball.

Yep, Sioux D held again, forcing another punt. I'm quite happy with 10-14 at this point.

Pitt St is getting yds as we knew they would, but the Sioux D has been bending not breaking. The Sioux D has been containing the pass pretty well, so when they can force the pass its been going well. The Sioux O has been doing a fine job of getting some time of possession and moving the ball. To my surprise, the Sioux O seemed to have had more big plays in the 1st half than Pitt St. O, but we didn't win the crucial TO/special teams battle.

Play the same game but have some of the little things go UND's way in the 2nd half and it's possible to win.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UND gets the ball to start the second half. So far Pitt has not turned the ball over. If UND can score on their first drive and force Pitt to make some turnovers they can leave pittsburg kansas with a round trip ticket to florence alabama next weekend.

Off topic: I can barely hear the interent radio broadcast. How disappointing.