SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/GVSU Game Thread

BigGame

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They better come ready to play on defense AND offense next week or it could be ugly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Understatement of the year. Pitt St has not faced a defense close to as good as UND's but still it will be a serious challenge playing down there. The offense has to get better and take advantage of field position.

The game could possibly be played at the Al next weekend.  The committee decides that tomorrow.  They said that in the semi finals seeds don't mean anything so we could be playing at home next weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not going to happen, Pitt State hasn't lost and has a stronger SSI

The game could possibly be played at the Al next weekend.  The committee decides that tomorrow.  They said that in the semi finals seeds don't mean anything so we could be playing at home next weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While I would love to see that happen as I am planning to be back in GF for the hockey games, there is no way the Sioux will host. Pitt St. is undefeated and ranked #1 while the Sioux have two losses and didn't even win their own conference title. I don't see any rational arguement for the Sioux getting this game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a feeling UND is going to get hosed next weekend because Pitt State has the better record. I think UND can shut their offense down but they are going to have to score some points next weekend.

The Sioux footballers are studs. Cocks of the Walk right now. Watching that game today on my 'puter screen, courtesy of GVSU, was real cool. The GVSU announcers were a shade shell shocked by the end of the game. They had me convinced the Sioux season was over there, but only for a second.

I should have made the drive. The less-than-capacity crowd will be just one of the reasons why they will be put on the road next week against the Gorillas. C'est la vie. That's the way it should be.

Sioux fans travel well. Git your travel tickets to Florence, AL now baby.

How was the officiating today?  I noticed on a few other boards that the GV fans were really bitching about it.  Was it bad or just fans cheering for their team and not being very objective?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From a somewhat objective viewpoint, it was a well-called game. A few missed calls on both sides, but no more than an average game. Pat Sweeney was freaking out on the missed facemask call on the safety, but then again, he was calling tunnel screens by the improper bubble screen name. :D

How was the officiating today?  I noticed on a few other boards that the GV fans were really bitching about it.  Was it bad or just fans cheering for their team and not being very objective?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the officiating was very fair. The only blown call that I saw was a clip on Dressler during an interception return.

I thought we were screwed when Belmore tripped over his own feet and then threw the INT.

Then he totally redeemed himself.....with an even bigger and better play on the fake and TD.

He proved he can handle big time pressure today.

I'm perfectly comfortable with either QB on the field.

That was one of the best football games I've ever witnessed in person. I'm still hoarse from cheering.

Probably the best one I've ever seen. I thought this was going to be a great game, but it was even better than I thought it would be.

I broke my megaphone on the long Pitt State TD. :D But that proved to be good luck as I continued to break it further and further, and every time I did, something good happened. So I spent the last 5 minutes of the game with shards of a megaphone. I don't want to take all the credit for the win, but I do deserve a good part of the it. :silly:

Only wish it would have been a sellout for the game. Then again it was so loud at times today, you couldn't even think and I still have a headache. If it would've been a sellout, people would probably have their eardrums ruptured. It is amazing how loud The Alerus can get. :D

When UND was on defense to win the game, that was maybe the loudest it has been since the UC-Davis game. This probably was the loudest game since the UC-Davis game and with about 3000 less fans. Very impressive. The Alerus has to be in the Top 5 toughest places to play in the country. I know I wouldn't want to play there if I was a opposing team. 8 False Starts today.

I broke my megaphone on the long Pitt State TD.  :D 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dubya_cheers.jpg

I didn't know what you an Dubya has so much in common. :silly:

Then again it was so loud at times today, you couldn't even think and I still have a headache.  If it would've been a sellout, people would probably have their eardrums ruptured.  It is amazing how loud The Alerus can get.  :D 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't realize how loud it had been until I got home into peace and quiet. Only then did I notice that my ears were ringing. Funny part was when my neighbor and I were out in the yard discussing the game and we were both croaking like frogs. :(

Wow, what a game!! The Sioux defense came up huge when it had to and the offense woke up just in time. Props to GVSU, I would hate to have to face those guys all the time. Their offense looked unstoppable at times; especially the scatback #4 and their big receiver (Collins?). Just watching them run that no huddle and their QB wandering around behind the line yelling out the plays had to be confusing. It looked like a pickup game at times but the Lakers made some huge plays. Their defense was impressive as well; a lot of speed side to side.

Well it looks like the Sioux should be off to Pissburg State; biggest concern again is the special teams. Kick coverage was shakey (other than very early on) and Glas looks absolutely snakebit out there. Does Pissburg play indoors?

Go Sioux!!