SiouxSports.com Forum

UNDFootball360

@UNDFootball360

·

9m

Ended up being 23 teams at Pro Day today (not 17). Multiple personnel for many. Was able to confirm that Matt Waletzko did an impressive 28 reps in bench. Bigtime buzz around Matt right now - talking end of 2nd round, middle of 3rd possibly.

1 hour ago, Riverhawk said:

Will there be any opportunities for the other players that participated?  Also wondering if there are any players on this seasons roster that have the potential of making the next level.

I am guessing there’s some CFL potential for the others that were there. Also saw someone mention Ventrelli as a name to watch for next year. 

19 hours ago, Riverhawk said:

Will there be any opportunities for the other players that participated?  Also wondering if there are any players on this seasons roster that have the potential of making the next level.

Sounds like Holm ran a nice 40 from what I saw on another players social. Turner hurt and sat out drills. Didn't hear about other players.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

If you’re talking about a 4.5 that is not a good time for a CB.

Depends. There are quite a few CB’s who run 4.5. Most are 6’1” or bigger. In the years I was around NFL you might be surprised at how many 6’ 1” players were 5’ 10”, how many 240lb LBs were down to 215 or 220 halfway through season etc. The guys who ran 4.4 at combine are sometimes running 4.6 4-5 yrs later. 

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

Depends. There are quite a few CB’s who run 4.5. Most are 6’1” or bigger. In the years I was around NFL you might be surprised at how many 6’ 1” players were 5’ 10”, how many 240lb LBs were down to 215 or 220 halfway through season etc. The guys who ran 4.4 at combine are sometimes running 4.6 4-5 yrs later. 

And some guys are 6’7” 350 and ran a 4.7

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, iramurphy said:

The timing of the events is very interesting to say the least. I got to follow my nephew as he went through this process several years ago.

All of the scouts record their own times on their own stopwatches. The stopwatch timing typically results in higher times than laser timing. Even at the combine, the scouts only use their own recorded stopwatch time and don't record the laser time, that is just for TV apparently. But, as long as it's the same guy timing each combine/pro day the same way, it ends up pretty standardized for each NFL team. But it can be confusing to us spectators as it is the laser results released to the public from the combine, which makes the pro day times look worse because they are a range of what the scouts recorded manually, which are higher.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Undfan21 said:

The timing of the events is very interesting to say the least. I got to follow my nephew as he went through this process several years ago.

All of the scouts record their own times on their own stopwatches. The stopwatch timing typically results in higher times than laser timing. Even at the combine, the scouts only use their own recorded stopwatch time and don't record the laser time, that is just for TV apparently. But, as long as it's the same guy timing each combine/pro day the same way, it ends up pretty standardized for each NFL team. But it can be confusing to us spectators as it is the laser results released to the public from the combine, which makes the pro day times look worse because they are a range of what the scouts recorded manually, which are higher.

It’s the opposite of what you say. Laser times are slower. Hand times are typically faster. Pro day times are notoriously faster. Laser start and laser finish is the slowest. Hand start laser finish is faster. Hand only is fastest. 

But it is interesting and hilarious how scouts still don’t rely on the statistically superior method of timing and stick with the ol stop watch. 

• 1 year later...

FOR THE 2024 UND NFL PRODAY

All-MVFC performers C.J. Siegel, Luke Skokna and Donny Ventrelli will headline the group, while Malachi Buckner, Wesley Eliodor, Jeffrey Griffin Jr., Jaelen Johnson, Kadon Kauppinen, Bartholomew Ogbu and Red Wilson will also showcase their skills to professional scouts at UND's Pro Day.

Who do we think of the 10 players has the best chance at scoring an NFL contract or at least an Undrafted Free Agent offer?

19 minutes ago, SiouxBundy said:

FOR THE 2024 UND NFL PRODAY

All-MVFC performers C.J. Siegel, Luke Skokna and Donny Ventrelli will headline the group, while Malachi Buckner, Wesley Eliodor, Jeffrey Griffin Jr., Jaelen Johnson, Kadon Kauppinen, Bartholomew Ogbu and Red Wilson will also showcase their skills to professional scouts at UND's Pro Day.

Who do we think of the 10 players has the best chance at scoring an NFL contract or at least an Undrafted Free Agent offer?

Donny Ventrelli followed by CJ Seigel

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1