SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-6) @ Cal Baptist (7-1) 12/7 9 PM

SWSiouxMN

4 minutes ago, Kab said:

I don’t see one player that is athletic on this team

I always thought Bird was not athletic.  Some how scored, couldn't jump.  Give it a break.  Pre conference game are figuring out players.  We have limited options.  It is early.

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Way too early 

though frustrating 

I mean if guys can't shoot or dribble they aren't going to learn how as the season progresses.  We don't have skill at all, and based on the past few seasons there's no reason to expect that shots are just suddenly going to start dropping. (imo)

Just now, Nodak78 said:

I always thought Bird was not athletic.  Some how scored, couldn't jump.  Give it a break.  Pre conference game are figuring out players.  We have limited options.  It is early.

Hope conference play is better to us but will see

howard is sort of like bird and gets the job done, not athletic but solid 

2 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I mean if guys can't shoot or dribble they aren't going to learn how as the season progresses.  We don't have skill at all, and based on the past few seasons there's no reason to expect that shots are just suddenly going to start dropping. (imo)

Check back next month

We don't have inside player that you can count on to score one on one down low in the paint. I think Sather and company blew it last spring in not finding another post player that can score down low. Urbonavicius could score better down low in the post than the players we have on the bench now and he wasn't very good. I think the three post players we did pickup last year could develop in adequate post players but we are far from that happening this year. They should have been looking for transfer that could have filled that roll for this year. Bruns is going to be star player in the future and he's getting better each game but he can't carry this team and shouldn't have too. When we have starting 5 out on the floor we can somewhat play with other teams but soon as we substitute were in trouble and as game goes along teams find ways to beat us and run the score up. This is going to be long season ahead for us we will be lucky to win 5 games in the conference and that may be way to high a figure.  I wonder what Sather is thinking now because the group of kids he has recruited there are to many without real athletic ability to be playing division I basketball. This has to be priority going forward for him to get to next level of player to come here. Its possible because Jones recruits there were a  number of them were at next level of play and he had them coming here. I thought we would be better but i just read print that Tsartsidze was real jem and he may be but he has ways to go and were already to conference season and we have no alternative with our next post players true freshman. Like i say this is going to be long season and we have ways to go rebuild this team and it may take even more next season before we can start moving forward.

I liked our compete level tonight.  If they can maintain  that as our young players mature and the team gels, we may not finish in the top 4, but I think we'll compete in conference play.  What that turns out to be will depend on how fast our young players mature and how fast coach can get them coached up.  We show good flashes, it's just that those flashes need to last for 40 minutes.

8 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I think Sather and company blew it last spring in not finding another post player that can score down low.

They should have been looking for transfer that could have filled that roll for this year. 

UND and every other team in the country are constantly looking for post players. At the mid-major level, you aren't going to get someone coming in who's polished.

8 hours ago, ND-fan said:

This is going to be long season ahead for us we will be lucky to win 5 games in the conference and that may be way to high a figure.

Based on where the other Summit teams are rated and how they have been performing, I think you're selling them a bit short. The league looks to be pretty down this year outside of 1-2 teams.