SiouxSports.com Forum

Crime and Punishment II - This topic is not yet closed to further replies.

NoiseInsideMyHead

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Nah, that's just virtue signalling.   
Most protesters who seek out violent protests (even if they themselves remain peaceful) could claim the same thing.  "It was a stupid decision to go there, but at least we were there for the right reasons!!"  

Nothing good happens in situations like this.  Stay away.  This city doesn't need dirtbag violent protesters, or toothless vigilantes. 

Like you said, stupid decision by a 17 year old.  But this begs the question, where the hell are his parents? Crap doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.         

We should go check out the protests tonight!

Ok. Could be kind of exciting.

You should probably bring your gun just in case.

I just remembered, I have a thing that night.

6 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Nah, that's just virtue signalling.   
Most protesters who seek out violent protests (even if they themselves remain peaceful) could claim the same thing.  "It was a stupid decision to go there, but at least we were there for the right reasons!!"  

Nothing good happens in situations like this.  Stay away.  This city doesn't need dirtbag violent protesters, or toothless vigilantes. 

Like you said, stupid decision by a 17 year old.  But this begs the question, where the hell are his parents? Crap doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.         

I'm not virtue signaling and he wasn't acting as a vigilante - you admitted so yourself when you said he was defending himself.  If you are about to argue that you weren't implying that he was, I think you're full of it.  I think everyone would agree that actual vigilantism are bad.  Watch the actual testimony.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, nodak651 said:

I'm not virtue signaling and he wasn't acting as a vigilante - you admitted so yourself when you said he was defending himself.  If you are about to argue that you weren't implying that he was, I think you're full of it.  I think everyone would agree that actual vigilantism are bad.  Watch the actual testimony.

Of course Rittenhouse was defending himself, per the courts ruling.  But that doesn't mean he wasn't there as a vigilante.  He even claimed he was "protecting businesses" he had no ownership of, or connection to.  The two aren't mutually exclusive.   Hell, there's even video depicting the leader of Rittenhouse's vigilantes turning against the police later in the riot.  It was a collection of society's lowest of the low.  All around.   

vig·i·lan·te
noun
a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.

Like someone said, had Evers sent in the National Guard this wouldn't have occurred.  Much of this is on him.  It left the door open for idiots like Rittenhouse and the people he shot to run wild.       

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Of course Rittenhouse was defending himself.  He was found not guilty for his actions in the innate moments of the shootings.  
But that doesn't mean he wasn't there as a vigilante.  He even claimed he was there to "protect businesses" he had no ownership of or connection to.  The two aren't mutually exclusive.

vig·i·lan·te
noun
a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.

Like someone said, had Evers sent in the National Guard this wouldn't have occurred.  It left the door open for idiots like Rittenhouse and the people he shot to run wild.       

But it doesn't negate that Rittenhouse is human trash, as are the people he shot.  There's even video showing Rittenhouses' vigilantes turning against the police later in the riot.  It was a collection of society's lowest of the low.  

Like the rioters that were killed because the Gov. Was playing politics.  

5 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Like the rioters that were killed because the Gov. Was playing politics.  

Nah, Evers' playing politics set the stage for this to occur.  We need better from our represented leaders.  But, ultimately, people are responsible for their own actions.  Nobody forced these dirtbags to riot and chase down a kid with an AR-15, or force the dumbass kid Rittenhouse to cross state lines to play cosplay warrior.      

Nobody with an ounce of common sense was there that night.  Everybody willfully put themselves in the middle of a tinderbox that was ready to explode.  And when it did...:silly:.   None of them get sympathy from me.  

On 11/20/2021 at 12:47 PM, UNDlaw80 said:

Nah, Evers' playing politics set the stage for this to occur.  We need better from our represented leaders.  But, ultimately, people are responsible for their own actions.  Nobody forced these dirtbags to riot and chase down a kid with an AR-15, or force the dumbass kid Rittenhouse to cross state lines to play cosplay warrior.      

Nobody with an ounce of common sense was there that night.  Everybody willfully put themselves in the middle of a tinderbox that was ready to explode.  And when it did...:silly:.   None of them get sympathy from me.  

Can you elaborate on the significance of the stete lines thing?

On 11/20/2021 at 12:15 PM, UNDlaw80 said:

Of course Rittenhouse was defending himself, per the courts ruling.  But that doesn't mean he wasn't there as a vigilante.  He even claimed he was "protecting businesses" he had no ownership of, or connection to.  The two aren't mutually exclusive.   Hell, there's even video depicting the leader of Rittenhouse's vigilantes turning against the police later in the riot.  It was a collection of society's lowest of the low.  All around.   

vig·i·lan·te
noun

Like someone said, had Evers sent in the National Guard this wouldn't have occurred.  Much of this is on him.  It left the door open for idiots like Rittenhouse and the people he shot to run wild.       

kyle's the idiot?  how about a guy chasing another gun who has a gun saying i'm gonna f;n kill you?  

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Can you elaborate on the significance of the stete lines thing?

Well.....the Village Inn in south Fargo is now a Chase Bank so had to cross the river to get a pie yesterday at the Moorhead VI. Hope that explains it.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, petey23 said:

The Media thought it sounded ominous so they parroted it over and over.

honestly my opinion of why they keep talking about "state lines" is to make it a federal crime either now (cough cough nadler) or in the future...if a local redneck jury gets some white people off ......you crossed state lines so here's your federal charges and your gonna see a jury of sjw times 10000

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

honestly my opinion of why they keep talking about "state lines" is to make it a federal crime either now (cough cough nadler) or in the future...if a local redneck jury gets some white people off ......you crossed state lines so here's your federal charges and your gonna see a jury of sjw times 10000

"state lines" had been debunked, disporived and literally thrown out of this case a hundred times over. ...

The jaw jacking from politicians is and will be nothing more than that.

Local state and at the federal level this thing is over... except for the libel suits. And that is a scientific, and legal, fact.

7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

"state lines" had been debunked, disporived and literally thrown out of this case a hundred times over. ...

The jaw jacking from politicians is and will be nothing more than that.

Local state and at the federal level this thing is over... except for the libel suits. And that is a scientific, and legal, fact.

Literally fake news.  At this point, it's embarrassing that someone with UND"LAW" in their name is still talking about this without knowing the facts. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2022 at 10:05 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:
On 1/25/2022 at 10:05 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

this one is a little different since it hit close to home....can you imagine the pain those people went thru..walking 11 miles in that crap...and they just let him go home.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/minnesota/florida-man-granted-conditional-release-in-human-smuggling-case

They should have "released" that !@#!$! out into a field...in the middle of the night...in a blizzard with whatever he was wearing at the time....with a direction that "BAIL will MAKE you FREE!"   Good Luck! This guy should and hopefully will fry...eventually.

Hey - most of us who've lived here know ND winters.  Can you imagine the TERROR of a man with a family from India who paid a LOT of money to  come to the US being shoved out of a van in the middle of nowhere and be told to "walk SOUTH" through totally black farm fields filled with snow.   I can't imagine the horror and pain this FAMILY felt trying to get into the US and they died for it.   It's sick and very sad.  He was a teacher and the family had skills to provide.  A sad loss all around.

As much as "FOXNEWS" wants to paint illegal immigrants "as ants scurrying out across the border"   This family was not that - they were seeking the American dream and they died for it.   Hopefully they can rest in peace.  It's a sad story all around

• Like 1