SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

5 hours ago, petey23 said:

I don't have a problem with it.

If it was a tripping penalty or interference penalty then I get it but UNO's last 4 penalties in this game were roughing, cross checking, cross checking(with a 10 minute misconduct) and a boarding call so load up and fire away.

You obviously didn’t watch that game. From an officiating standpoint it was a travesty.You obviously didn’t watch that game. From an officiating standpoint it was a travesty.

2 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

You obviously didn’t watch that game. From an officiating standpoint it was a travesty.You obviously didn’t watch that game. From an officiating standpoint it was a travesty.

I did not watch the game. I am saying if a team is taking cheap penalties then I have no problem rolling the top power play unit out to score some more. I have seen our coaches do it many times. Score is out of hand and game is over and the other team gets an interference or tripping penalty then roll out the 2nd unit or the 3rd and 4th lines, they two hand a guy or run someone from behind, screw it, make them pay.

4 hours ago, petey23 said:

I did not watch the game. I am saying if a team is taking cheap penalties then I have no problem rolling the top power play unit out to score some more. I have seen our coaches do it many times. Score is out of hand and game is over and the other team gets an interference or tripping penalty then roll out the 2nd unit or the 3rd and 4th lines, they two hand a guy or run someone from behind, screw it, make them pay.

I get that, but the ‘penalties’ were so weak and questionable. Ward got 5 and a game for trying to position his stick. It wasn’t a cross check. Not even close. Run it on NCHC. Omaha was in the box for 34 minutes, of which maybe 12 minutes pass muster. Like Walsh had a bone to pick.

12 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

I get that, but the ‘penalties’ were so weak and questionable. Ward got 5 and a game for trying to position his stick. It wasn’t a cross check. Not even close. Run it on NCHC. Omaha was in the box for 34 minutes, of which maybe 12 minutes pass muster. Like Walsh had a bone to pick.

Taylor Ward?  Isn’t this like his 6th year with the Mavs?

1 minute ago, Blackheart said:

Taylor Ward?  Isn’t this like his 6th year with the Mavs?

Doesn't he still have another Covid year if he wants it?   Wouldn't mind getting him in the transfer portal, but don't know if that would be a possibility or not.  Call it an exchange for Tychonick.  

8 hours ago, tnt said:

Doesn't he still have another Covid year if he wants it?   Wouldn't mind getting him in the transfer portal, but don't know if that would be a possibility or not.  Call it an exchange for Tychonick.  

I'm wondering if we will have an exodus via the Transfer Portal this spring...

On 12/28/2021 at 12:18 PM, tnt said:

Will be interesting to see Schlossman or someone run scenarios at tournament time to see if some teams would be in or out with certain results if that game had been played.  Wouldn't surprise me if #1 seeds for the tournament are affected by this game not being played.  

yes it would...