SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

9 hours ago, petey23 said:

Agree. There are 6 teams in the NCHC that would finish in top 3 in the BIg 10, first in Atlantic Hockey, Top 2 in WCHA, Top 2 in ECAC, and Top 4 in HE

B1G basically has the two really good teams with Minnesota and Michigan, Notre Dame has had some solid moments in the 2nd half I'd probably take them over Omaha. You think Omaha would finish ahead of Tech? Not sure they would.

39 minutes ago, brianvf said:

OSU has got to be anxious about their NCAA chances now.
They're sitting at #15 in PWR.

OSU’s chances of making tourney drop down to 33% via Pairwise Probability Matrix. That was a tough loss tonight. 

10 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

B1G basically has the two really good teams with Minnesota and Michigan, Notre Dame has had some solid moments in the 2nd half I'd probably take them over Omaha. You think Omaha would finish ahead of Tech? Not sure they would.

Back in the day of Big Ten Football it was Michigan and Ohio State, Schembechler and Hayes, and the other eight. 

“History doesn’t repeat itself but it often rhymes,” as Mark Twain is often claimed to have said.

All the bracket info for all leagues here: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/tourneywatch/

AHA will be taking PWR 16 slot.

The ECAC? If it's not Q'piac, they'll be eating PWR 15 (away from an at-large). Looking at that bracket, to me Q'pack is most vulnerable should they have to meet up with Cornell in the semis. I say that because we know Cornell, when they play the right way, can beat a top six PWR team.  < cringe >  Otherwise, Q'piac has lost to Clarkson and would have payback on the brain. 

HEA: Boston College, Maine, and Providence in opening round play-in games. Oh. My. And HEA has PWR slots 12, 13, 14, and 16 today. You have to figure two of those teams (plus AHA and if not Q'piac ECAC) will be four-seeds. 

Imagine being (assumed one-seeds) Michigan, or Mankato, or Minnesota, and getting your opening game in Worchester MA or Albany NY or Allentown PA against (assumed four-seed) UMass, Northeastern, UMass-Lowell, or BU (or Clarkson or Cornell should they win the ECAC). 

Those are my musing thus far ... 

• Upvote 2

UW has a wonderful hockey tradition; anyone who saw a game at the Dane or the Herb in the earlier years would attest to that. 
But their FB and BB success under Alvarez, first as coach then as AD, will keep him in good standing with the majority of Badger fans.  Their football program used to be pitiful.  

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2022/03/10_Bracket-ABCs-March-Madness.php

Loveland ...

3. Denver vs. 15. Ohio State
6. North Dakota vs. 10. Michigan Tech

Allentown ...

1. Minnesota State vs. 16. Atlantic Hockey champ
8. Notre Dame vs. 9. St. Cloud State

Albany ...

2. Michigan vs. 14. Massachusetts-Lowell
7. Quinnipiac vs. 11. Minnesota-Duluth

Worcester ...

4. Minnesota vs. 13. Northeastern
5. Western Michigan vs. 12. Massachusetts