SiouxSports.com Forum

Wendy Blais

siouxjoy

More proof that, in the final analysis, the game of hockey, and all of the hoopla and championship banners that go along with it, are little more than dust in the wind.

Hockey is nothing. People, and their loved ones, are everything.

To lose hockey, for a game, for a season, for a lifetime, is really no big deal.

To lose a loved one, for a moment, for a stretch, or forever, is a really big deal.

Our sympathies here at the NDH household go out to The Dean of Hockey, and to his family, and to his friends.

God Bless the Blais Family. This, of course, includes most all of us on these pages who share in their grief, and in their loss.

Fortunately, life goes on. The puck will drop again. That is, perhaps, the saving grace of death. It reminds us that there is life, and that we should live it to its fullest, because tomorrow it could be gone . . . .

Now go grab those loved ones.

Our deepest condolences go out to Dean and his family.

I had the priviledge of meeting Wendy a few times over the years and was always impressed by her knowledge of the game. She knew the players and cared about them almost as much as her own family. I would say she was one of the Sioux's biggest fans.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if she advised Dean on the line combos for the upcoming series.

A true Sioux booster who will be missed by the Sioux family.

The Spiewak's

The lows of losing a hockey game can't compare with the tough times of life. Coach Blais, who knows if you even surf message boards now and then, but if you do, I want to thank you for taking the time to say "hi" to me in Ann Arbor back in 1998 during the western regional and for talking to the fans every time I saw you at The Big Sioux. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. May God bless you all and may your wife rest in peace.