SiouxSports.com Forum

Wendy Blais

siouxjoy

I had the pleasure of sitting near Mrs. Blais for several games at the old Engelstad arena. I really enjoyed chatting with her-- she was a delightful person with a great sense of humor.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Blais family.

Very sad to hear this. She was so sweet, and a great fan of the game. I talked to her briefly after the Gopher series last season at Engelstad, and she had such a bright smile on her face (we all did). May God bless and comfort the Blais family.

taz

On behalf of the entire Blais family:

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words, thoughts, and prayers during this difficult time. The past few years have truly been difficult for our family, and the Sioux community has shown tremendous support and encouragement. Although my father is no longer actively involved with the Fighting Sioux hockey program, it really means a lot to know he is still treated like family.

Good Luck in 2004 - 2005...Go Sioux! :blush:

Ben Blais

ESPN had this snip-it on Wendy:

Wendy Blais remembered: Wendy Blais, the wife of former North Dakota coach Dean Blais, died Sept. 30 in International Falls, Minn., after a two-year battle with ALS. She was 53.

In a statement, university president Charles Kupchella called Wendy Blais "consummate pillar of strength and support in so many situations that might have gotten the best of so many of us."

Dean Blais guided North Dakota to two national championships and seven NCAA postseason berths in 10 seasons behind the Fighting Sioux bench. He left Grand Forks in June to become associate head coach of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets.

There is some more stuff in the article about the beginning of college hockey.

On behalf of the entire Blais family:

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words, thoughts, and prayers during this difficult time.  The past few years have truly been difficult for our family, and the Sioux community has shown tremendous support and encouragement.  Although my father is no longer actively involved with the Fighting Sioux hockey program, it really means a lot to know he is still treated like family.

Good Luck in 2004 - 2005...Go Sioux! :blush:

Ben Blais

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More proof the Blais family is a class act. Hang in there.