SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

54 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Um..   Your denial ain't working. 

FWIW the video I saw of an alleged "ringleader" he had an anarchy flag in the background. If the video was indeed the guy, doesn't seem like much of a government any type kind of dude.

Cultists, break down and read this opinion piece in the NYT.  It lays out the reasons Dear Leader is getting his fat orange as s handed to him.  Not that it isn't easy to do anyway, but Biden's campaign is clever enough to avoid the potholes that Trump seems to be aiming to hit. 

Kamala Harris Knows How to Win Elections

https://nyti.ms/36LUxa0

Instead, this has turned into the least ideological election in recent times. The campaign has largely shrunk down from grand ideological issues to two practical problems: How to get rid of Donald Trump. How to beat Covid-19.

The shrinkage happened in three stages. First, Democratic primary voters decided that beating Trump was more important than the revolution. Second, the pandemic hit. Candidates imagine that if elected they will be able to implement their grand vision. But as George W. Bush, Barack Obama and Donald Trump all learned the hard way, governing is usually about responding to crises you didn’t choose or foresee.

Third, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris decided to run a professional campaign. Instead of trying to please those of us who consume large amounts of media, they have ruthlessly and effectively focused their campaign on the Exhausted Majority — people who are disgusted by and semidetached from politics in working-class homes in the Midwest, in retirement communities in Florida, in suburban cul-de-sacs everywhere.

1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

FWIW the video I saw of an alleged "ringleader" he had an anarchy flag in the background. If the video was indeed the guy, doesn't seem like much of a government any type kind of dude.

Oh, he is an anarchist.  But a white nationalism type that Trump refuses to loudly denounce.  They feel empowered.  In their little skinhead brains they probably believe that Trump wouldn't care all that much if they kidnapped the Michigan governor.  I'm not saying Trump wouldn't care, but again..it is perception. 

Stand down and stand by.   For all we know, that triggered it.  I'm sure we will know more soon enough.  

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

190 of ND's 310 "Covid" deaths have been in nursing homes.  Lock kids in their rooms until people in nursing homes stop dying.  Who's with me?

Flopper/be careful what you wish for/locking kids up would, without a doubt, inlude you.

53 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

The answer to your question is incredibly complicated and deeply philosophical. If you’re opposed to abortion and some technological advance exists due to abortion, should you not use that advance. It’s a tough question I don’t have the answer to.

Similar to being opposed to Nazis, but our entire space program is built on the back of nazi rocket technology born out of operation Paperclip. If you’re anti Nazi do you have to shun and not benefit from any of those technological advances that exist in our daily life? I’m not sure. These aren’t easy questions.

This we can agree on.  

The situation highlights the complexity of espousing an all/nothing opinion; because, frankly, it rarely exists in practice; hence the propensity to act hypocritically.  This especially holds true when dealing with individual rights.    

As it pertains to abortion, I’m sure many pro-life advocates are willing to acquiesce to fetal cell research if it benefits humanity.  Nobody’s complaining about Trump’s treatment, although I suspect that might be politically driven.   But where do you draw the line?  Why not concede the same right to the individual if it benefits said individual’s quality of life?    Tricky questions.  

10 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

This we can agree on.  

The situation highlights the complexity of espousing an all/nothing opinion; because, frankly, it rarely exists in practice; hence the propensity to act hypocritically.   

As it pertains to abortion, I’m sure many pro-life advocates are willing to acquiesce to fetal cell research if benefits humanity.  Nobody’s complaining about Trump’s treatment.  But where do you draw the line?  Why not concede the same right to the individual if it benefits said individual’s quality life?   Tricky questions.  

The trouble is science doesn’t provide us with a clear delineation on where life begins other than conception. Unique DNA is created in that moment. Without an agreement on when human life begins, there will never be common ground in this conversation.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

The trouble is science doesn’t provide us with a clear delineation on where life begins other than conception. Unique DNA is created in that moment. Without an agreement on when human life begins, there will never be common ground in this conversation.

The logical thing would be overturning Roe so that states can freely make their own decisions there. 

14 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

The logical thing would be overturning Roe so that states can freely make their own decisions there. 

Yeah. 

That worked so well back in the day.  Abortions won't go away.  They'll just become more dangerous in the states that outlaw them. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hayduke1 said:

Yeah. 

That worked so well back in the day.  Abortions won't go away.  They'll just become more dangerous in the states that outlaw them. 

Should we legalize Fentynol or however it is spelled because outlawing it makes people more like to procure it from drug dealers?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Flopper/be careful what you wish for/locking kids up would, without a doubt, inlude you.

Do everyone here including yourself a big favor and stop wasting your few remaining brain cells here.  You make Heydouche look like a poet laureate. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Should we legalize Fentynol or however it is spelled because outlawing it makes people more like to procure it from drug dealers?

The vast majority of Americans believe its a woman's right to choose.  This has been the law of the land for nearly 50 years. 

False equivalencies don't work. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Do everyone here including yourself a big favor and stop wasting your few remaining brain cells here.  You make Heydouche look like a poet laureate. 

Really?

That's all you have.  You cultists are so lame. 

33 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

You realistically believe it will stop at ‘state rights’?  Overturning Roe is step 1.   The far-right, religious right, and booming Hispanic population will have considerable pull in advocating for and backing the inevitable GOP push for a federal ban on abortion if Roe is overturned.  .    

2 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

So I ask again, what's the pro-life opinion of this?  Because I'm certainly not seeing any condemnation anywhere.         

It’s the law of the land at this time. I don’t have like or agree with it. 

Why is Speaker Pelosi talking about Amendment 25 (again) tomorrow?

Shouldn’t she be planning Mr Biden’s victory party?

Someone sure they are winning wouldn’t be thinking about how to remove a President... or should Mr Biden be nervous. 

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It’s the law of the land at this time. I don’t have like or agree with it. 

Well ok, but I wasn't asking about you specifically.    Just inquiring into the overall sentiment of the pro-life community.  They appear to be conspicuously silent despite condemning,  opposing and attacking abortion on all previous fronts.  

Mitch McConnell now publicly distancing himself from Trump’s Covid circus.  

"I haven't actually been to the White House since August the 6th because my impression was their approach to how to handle this is different from mine and what I insisted that we do in the Senate, which is to wear a mask and practice social distancing," - McConnell, 10-8-20,  Hebron, Kentucky, 

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Why is Speaker Pelosi talking about Amendment 25 (again) tomorrow?

Shouldn’t she be planning Mr Biden’s victory party?

Someone sure they are winning wouldn’t be thinking about how to remove a President... or should Mr Biden be nervous. 

Face it.  

The instability shown overall and even more recently by Trump is very concerning to the country.  Maybe not to his cult, but they are becoming more irrelevant daily.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Mitch McConnell now publicly distancing himself from Trump’s Covid circus.  

"I haven't actually been to the White House since August the 6th because my impression was their approach to how to handle this is different from mine and what I insisted that we do in the Senate, which is to wear a mask and practice social distancing," - McConnell, 10-8-20,  Hebron, Kentucky, 

He's in a fight to keep his seat.  He probably will, but it is close enough to where distancing himself a bit from Trump might help him. 

It is kind of a throw Trump under the bus move.  If he drops the nomination process for SCOTUS, that is entirety a throw Trump under the bus move.

13 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

He's in a fight to keep his seat.  He probably will, but it is close enough to where distancing himself a bit from Trump might help him. 

It is kind of a throw Trump under the bus move.  If he drops the nomination process for SCOTUS, that is entirety a throw Trump under the bus move.

Same thing in Arizona.  

That GOP governors are feeling the need to distance themselves from Trump is further evidence the President's re-election chances are dwindling.   I mean we're talking about staunch Red Kentucky here.   

15 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Face it.  

The instability shown overall and even more recently by Trump is very concerning to the country.  Maybe not to his cult, but they are becoming more irrelevant daily.  

Or Pelosi is calling the goalie over to the bench.

2 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

You saw the same in Arizona.  

That GOP governors are feeling the need to distance themselves from Trump is further evidence the President's re-election chances are dwindling.   I mean we're talking about staunch Red Kentucky here.   

Trump has a better margin than the Rep Senator.  She maybe making a mistake.  Trump still make take her over the finish line.