SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 FB Recruiting

Nodak78

2 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

I hope we get him.  Need some dominate hogs.

Remains to be seen if he plays football as I hear he is one hell of a thrower in shot/discuss 

With his dad coaching at UND, you would think he would stay here.  Pure optics alone, it wouldn’t look good to go elsewhere for football 

3 hours ago, ND1 said:

Remains to be seen if he plays football as I hear he is one hell of a thrower in shot/discuss 

With his dad coaching at UND, you would think he would stay here.  Pure optics alone, it wouldn’t look good to go elsewhere for football 

I talked to him at Thanksgiving - a nice/humble kid!  He said he didn’t know if he was good enough to play college FB - I would guess he is.  He was very interested in talking about throwing.  I would guess we have a decent chance to land him for FB but not track. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 1:09 PM, FlinFlan80 said:

Guarentee they are still pissed off about not getting Klein and Bellquist.

Probably. But they may be ok with the TE from Wisconsin they signed instead of Klein. And perhaps they think the Terhark kid from WF Sheyenne and Satter from Davies are better than Belquist, which is not far fetched idea.

They obviously think there are kids they evaluated this year that are worthy of an early offer. I don’t think they are worried about UND stealing in-state kids that NDSU wants. Look at which school has more ND kids contributing for them. I think NDSU is getting any ND kid they think can contribute.

9 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Probably. But they may be ok with the TE from Wisconsin they signed instead of Klein. And perhaps they think the Terhark kid from WF Sheyenne and Satter from Davies are better than Belquist, which is not far fetched idea.

They obviously think there are kids they evaluated this year that are worthy of an early offer. I don’t think they are worried about UND stealing in-state kids that NDSU wants. Look at which school has more ND kids contributing for them. I think NDSU is getting any ND kid they think can contribute.

Peculiar how they offered 4 in state kids in January this year, when they didn't even think about offering any last year until March.  Hmmm...

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

Yea they loved Satter so much that they didn’t offer him until we forced their hand. Pretty bad look on a legacy kid.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I'm sorry, but this is a terrible take.

1.) I'm sure NDSU does enjoy their TE from Wisconsin, however in their offense they need 2-3 per class to develop, so I'm sure they would have loved Klein if they had a shot at him.

2.) Terhark is a walk-on. They clearly don't think they world of him. Satter will play D at that school in Fargo, so he isn't comparable to Belquist in this situation. 

3.) They are worried about UND snagging in state kids who can compete. As you stated yourself, "Look at which school has more ND kids contributing for them. I think NDSU is getting any ND kid they think can contribute." If that changes, which it is startly to slighty shift, NDSU starts sweating a tad. 

22 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I don’t think there is much NDSU envies of UND right now. It is up to UND to change that on the field. Fall 2020 is the next opportunity. 

Until then, these “but we got this player and NDSU didn’t” arguments are petty at best.  

Fully agree!!

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I don’t think there is much NDSU envies of UND right now. It is up to UND to change that on the field. Fall 2020 is the next opportunity. 

Until then, these “but we got this player and NDSU didn’t” arguments are petty at best.  

Never used the word envy. The gap is still gigantic, but let's be honest, the gap is gigantic between the entire FCS and NDSU. I do believe UND is closing the gap, but we are still 5-10 years away from being competitive with them unless something unexpected happens. As a UND football fan, we need to take every "win" we can get, because when competing with that juggernaut, they are going to be few and far between.

14 hours ago, Hambone said:

UND offered Trey Feeney out of Moorhead today.  Likely our top target for this class at the position.  Guessing the Bison will follow suit soon.

Good looking QB prospect from local location - definitely should be UND’s top target. 

The only problem here is pretty obvious. If NDSU makes him their top target, UND will have to move on to someone else. 

Playing time and area of study won’t help UND here, folks. Sorry to disappoint you. 

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Good looking QB prospect from local location - definitely should be UND’s top target. 

The only problem here is pretty obvious. If NDSU makes him their top target, UND will have to move on to someone else. 

Playing time and area of study won’t help UND here, folks. Sorry to disappoint you. 

Driving up the price. 

• Upvote 1