SiouxSports.com Forum

2019-20 hockey schedule

rochsioux

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I guess there's always the potential, but do you honestly believe next year this team will be worse offensively than this year?

I don't. Led by Sophs and freshmen now. Those players should take a step and the incoming freshmen look like impact players.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, AJS said:

I guess there's always the potential, but do you honestly believe next year this team will be worse offensively than this year?

I believe there will be a stretch before the freshman figure it out that will be pretty barren; however, they will end up with more goals at season's end than the 2018-19 team. 

18 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Yeah, except here's the rub: Those big time programs (many of which have come here in the past, so I guess, so much for that criticism) require a return trip or don't have a desire to fly out to North Dakota, particularly to play a tough UND team. Alternatively, they can save on their end of travel expenses by scheduling other teams that are closer by. On UND's side, in order to help fund the athletic department, they need a certain number of home games, so they have to buy some games against lower level programs that don't require a return game.

Some people must get exhausted be faux-worked up over everything.

I was simply pointing out the thinking at the time the current REA was being designed and built. It was supposed to attract better non-conference opponents than the old REA because of increased seating (11,500 vs. 6,067). I don't necessarily disagree with you; being in the NCHC is brutal, so you don't want to load up on too many top 10 teams in your non-conference schedule. That being said, you better win those games or else you get the situation you have right now.

The old WCHA and Hockey East used to have a scheduling agreement.  Something like that would be good again.  It would be neat to schedule one non-conference opponent from every conference every year.  There's good teams in every conference (well, except maybe Atlantic Hockey).

Paging 2019-2020 team.  It was #91 for the Griffs that was a huuuuge douche after they swept us at their place.  He is a Junior this year so I'm guessing all NHL teams pass on him and he is back for his senior year.  

Cole Smith has to fight at some point right??  

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Exchanged unpleasantries with Smaby in hand shake line and yelled at our guys going off the ice after we got swept.

We really need to 10-1 them a couple times and have Smith fight that guy.  

Shouldn't have given him the opportunity. 

• Like 2