SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Omaha - January 18-19, 2019

Dave Berger

10 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

A win is a win but man that was way closer than it should've been. That seems to be pretty common no matter the opponent though every game seems to go down to the wire. Ton of great chances that guys missed on. Some were just flat out misses while I thought a couple should've resulted in Omaha penalties. Thought UNO got away with a ton overall tonight but especially with the stickwork while UND got called for way less. Scheel came up with some really big saves in huge moments. Way too many defensive breakdowns and just lackadaisical play overall tonight. Tighten things up for tomorrow and get the sweep.

I must have been watching a different game. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

6 periods by North Dakota:  2 goals.

9 periods by Mercyhurst and Robert Morris:  19 goals.

#finishers

Did a double take to make sure that that was a one in front of the nine!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Did a double take to make sure that that was a one in front of the nine!

Well, that 1 is sure to change to a 2 after tomorrow night’s game.

Think about that for a moment...20+ goals in two consecutive weekends 7-14 days after North Dakota scores exactly 2.

9 minutes ago, burd said:

I must have been watching a different game. 

Maybe? Guys getting free behind defensemen, blind cross ice passes, and blown d-zone coverages were part of the lackadasical play at times tonight. I didn't say there weren't things that went well tonight but there were definitely times where things looked lackadasical and unfocused as well.

I thought we skated well tonite and made some progress. Sure there were some breakdowns but we generated some high quality chances.  And admittedly our goalie bailed us out at the end but he is good and getting better.  We can ride this guy to some wins.