SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 World Juniors

sioux rube

On 12/29/2018 at 11:52 PM, MafiaMan said:

Holy crap...they DID!

Absolutely crazy last 6:00 of the 3rd!

I never, NEVER quit watching a game early.  But of course course I did during that game.  With the way it was going I figured there wasn't a chance they were coming back.

Would have been fun to watch, even with the loss.

6 hours ago, crb1 said:

Question, why does it seem like every IIHF Tournament is in Canada?  I mean I know it goes over to Europe sometimes but it seems like everytime I watch it is in Canada?

Because, much like everything else nowadays, this revolves around $$$ -- and the IIHF sees green every time this tournament is held in Canada.  It's a mandate now -- the tournament is held every 2-3 years in Canada.  And in certain off-years, it's held in Buffalo, which may as well be in Canada.  

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Because, much like everything else nowadays, this revolves around $$$ -- and the IIHF sees green every time this tournament is held in Canada.  It's a mandate now -- the tournament is held every other year in Canada.  And in certain off-years, it's held in Buffalo, which may as well be in Canada.  

They can stop putting it in buffalo.