SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 stats

darell1976

Total Offense: 462.7 yards/game  18th  (out of 124 teams);   52nd last year 386.1

Passing Offense: 177.1 yds/g  96th;   55th 213.8

Rushing Offense: 285.6 yds/g 6th;    41st 172.3

Scoring Offense: 29.0 pts/g 53rd;  56th 25.2

Red Zone scoring: .719% 105th;  42nd .821%

Total Defense: 385.4 yds/g 52nd;  109th 453.1

Passing Defense: 253.9 yards against/g 96th;  113th 265.5

Rushing Defense: 131.6 yds against/g 29th;  95th 187.6

Scoring Defense: 20.3 points against/g 19th;  108th 34.6

Turnover Margin +1 50th;    T-92nd -7

Sack City: 4 per game 28 total  tied 3rd;    t-87th 1.64 per game 18 total

Red Zone Defense: .720% tied for 16th;     95th .852%

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Total Offense: 462.7 yards/game  18th  (out of 124 teams);   52nd last year 386.1

Passing Offense: 177.1 yds/g  96th;   55th 213.8

Rushing Offense: 285.6 yds/g 6th;    41st 172.3

Scoring Offense: 29.0 pts/g 53rd;  56th 25.2

Red Zone scoring: .719% 105th;  42nd .821%

Total Defense: 385.4 yds/g 52nd;  109th 453.1

Passing Defense: 253.9 yards against/g 96th;  113th 265.5

Rushing Defense: 131.6 yds against/g 29th;  95th 187.6

Scoring Defense: 20.3 points against/g 19th;  108th 34.6

Turnover Margin +1 50th;    T-92nd -7

Sack City: 4 per game 28 total  tied 3rd;    t-87th 1.64 per game 18 total

Red Zone Defense: .720% tied for 16th;     95th .852%

Interesting stats!  A nice improvement in most areas.  The Red Zone Scoring is very concerning!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Brady Leach has kicked 38 kickoffs and has only forced 2 touch backs..... F!

I know Taubenheim was directed to have his kickoffs come up short of the end zone. They think that they can stop the returners from getting to the 25 and they almost always do. I would bet Leach is under the same orders to kick it to the 5 and close to the sideline.

1 minute ago, Kap said:

I know Taubenheim was directed to have his kickoffs come up short of the end zone. They think that they can stop the returners from getting to the 25 and they almost always do. I would bet Leach is under the same orders to kick it to the 5 and close to the sideline.

Not this year.

Per Tom Miller...       It's hard to believe the FCS No. 4 team in the country, Weber State, ranks 118/124 in total offense. Two notches above MVSU. Obviously leaning hard on D and ST.

kind of shocking if you think of it 

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

We've certainly had more than our fair share of missed FGs, end zone interceptions, and goal line fumbles this year to make that state look ugly.

Absolutely. Would JJ's fumble in the end zone count because the play did not start from the red zone?

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

We've certainly had more than our fair share of missed FGs, end zone interceptions, and goal line fumbles this year to make that state look ugly.

That was my thought, if some of that gets cleaned up things look very good to finish the season. 

On 10/23/2018 at 2:17 PM, Kap said:

Okay gotcha, that makes sense. 

Yeah, the stat I'd like to see is the average post-kickoff field position for our opponents.

My recollection from the Montana game is that he'd put a kickoff around the 13 yard line.  If Leach can indeed kick it into the end zone, I would hope they would instruct him to do so in this game.

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:17 PM, Kap said:

I don't know but I disagree with you on this.  Taubenheim wasn't able to kick it into the end zone the last couple of years because of injury.  I talked to him at Homecoming and the injury continues to cause problems for him.  With our inability to cover kicks as we should, I would think Leach would be pounding the ball into the end zone if he could.   What do others who are close to the program think about this?

Dustin - I see you were make a similar point as I was typing this....

36 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I don't know but I disagree with you on this.  Taubenheim wasn't able to kick it into the end zone the last couple of years because of injury.  I talked to him at Homecoming and the injury continues to cause problems for him.  With our inability to cover kicks as we should, I would think Leach would be pounding the ball into the end zone if he could.   What do others who are close to the program think about this?

Dustin - I see you were make a similar point as I was typing this....

If he could do this and the coaches told him not to. The coaches shouldn't have a job. PERIOD!

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

With the new kick off rule that the receiving team can fair catch a ball within the 25 and take the ball at the 25 you should always kick off into the end zone if you can.

I disagree.  If you have good coverage (UND hasn't) then kicking it off within the 5 makes sense.  If I was a returner, I would be very confident in my abilities and always want to run it from within the 5.  These are kids, they're going to be a bit selfish and want to try and be a hero.

Edit: UND clearly doesn't have the coverage that is necessary to stop teams before the 25, so if possible they should be looking for a touchback every time.

• Upvote 1

I'm with the others that say, for this game if he can kick it in the end zone....do it!  I'm totally ok with Weber starting at the 25 every time.  Stuffing them once at the 15 or 20 is not worth the risk of giving them a long return.  Their offense isn't that great, make them go 75 yards, don't be giving them a chance at a shorter field. 

• Upvote 3