SiouxSports.com Forum

UND- Idaho State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I drove by there on my way out.  It was disgusting the way it was left.

There was a big dumpster sitting behind the porta potties.  I couldn't tell for sure but it wasn't overflowing.

Its the same reason so many students either didn't make it into the game or left at halftime.  The problem is serious and not unique to UND.

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What was the point?  Mac is not a boisterous person by nature.  So I figured the Fargo thing was important................................

If you can use your voice to do political TV ads you should be able to cheer a little bit for your alma mater.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Goon said:

Okay, the program is stagnant. What needs to be done to make it better? it's easy to sit here and b!tch about UND football. I have yet to see any suggestions of what needs to be done to move the program to the next level. Some are suggesting firing a coach or six, but that isn't going to do much if the administration doesn't spend the money to make improvements. Yes, finishing phase II would help. 

Oh, if UND administration can find a way to spend money, they will.  I can hear it now in 2037 when Coach Bubba is running things from Shady Acres Retirement Home:  "If only we had Phase XXIV up and running, we could compete with NDSU!"

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

"Hi, I'm Nebraska football...have we met?"

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/honeymoon-over-fans-upset-with-scott-frost-after-nebraska-falls-to-troy/

If you think this is an issue unique to North Dakota, you're crazy.

No, but we aren't Nebraska football and don't have comparable football history.  It is a problem with society today, everyone wants to win now and it doesn't usually happen that way.  I think Frost is a good coach and hope they give him at least 3 or 4 years to prove it.  I think talk of firing coaches at this stage of the season is an overreaction.  If UND plays poorly and loses a couple more games in the next 3 to 4 weeks you start talking about changes and I would hope that if the choose to let people go they take a hard look at the entire staff and not just one or two guys.   

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

The reason NDSU is better than us is they keep hiring really good coaches. Since I think Mudra back in the 60s built their program from nothing they have kinda kept with his blueprint and kept hiring good coaches for the most part with only a hiccup here or there along the way.

I don't think you are referring to Rocky but he had success at NDSU but after he got canned couldn't win other places.  

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

I wonder if anyone could turn WYO into a winner these days. That’s one of the hardest jobs in FBS. That’s why I said generally.

Yes, I was just giving one example but MN isn't an easy football job either.  Better than Wyoming but still a very tough place to win consistently.  Some places are easier to recruit and easier to create a winner and that is why some FBS coaches leave what appears to be a good situation for another job.  

2 minutes ago, BigGame said:

Yes, I was just giving one example but MN isn't an easy football job either.  Better than Wyoming but still a very tough place to win consistently.  Some places are easier to recruit and easier to create a winner and that is why some FBS coaches leave what appears to be a good situation for another job.  

The MN job would have been more ideal for Bohl. We'll see how Fleck does. 

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

There will be as many UND hockey fans in Vegas next month as there will be in the AL vs Montana.  National stage??? How does one achieve that in FCS? In the big picture of CFB even NDSU isn't on the national stage.

That is why I think Kennedy and Chaves will pursue FBS with regional flagships, but your buddies MafiaMan and Goon will be opposed to every FBS step.

5 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I love UND hockey, but college hockey is NEVER on a national stage.  If one ventures very out of MN, WI, MI, ND and Boston, college hockey is all but invisible.  If UND is trying to raise its profile throughout the US or even the midwest, its wll only happen through football or basketball.

Don't say this too often or too loud; you might get the irrational isolationists of North Dakota angry at you. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BigGame said:

I would like to you to answer a question for me.  

Let's pretend UND and NDSU both finished the last five football seasons with 500 records and they go up against each other for a football recruit.  If the athlete views academics, coaching, and facilities as equal.  Other individual factors are always part of the equation but lets pretend those are not in play here.  Who gets the athlete most of the time?

What the hell kind of a hypothetical scenario is this? So you're eliminating record, academics, coaching, and facilities ... I guess I would say tradition and location would be the next in line then; still plenty to offer from both school in that case. 

2 hours ago, BigGame said:

No, but we aren't Nebraska football and don't have comparable football history.  It is a problem with society today, everyone wants to win now and it doesn't usually happen that way.  I think Frost is a good coach and hope they give him at least 3 or 4 years to prove it.  I think talk of firing coaches at this stage of the season is an overreaction.  If UND plays poorly and loses a couple more games in the next 3 to 4 weeks you start talking about changes and I would hope that if the choose to let people go they take a hard look at the entire staff and not just one or two guys.   

So give Frost 3 to 4 years to prove it but give Bubba 10 or 11 years? C'mon man, your double standards are killing me. 

10 hours ago, BigGame said:

Let's pretend UND and NDSU both finished the last five football seasons with 500 records and they go up against each other for a football recruit.  If the athlete views academics, coaching, and facilities as equal.  Other individual factors are always part of the equation but lets pretend those are not in play here.  Who gets the athlete most of the time?

In a world where football recruits pick a school based on which one has a Chick-fil-A closest to campus, that statement is downright hilarious.

Edited by MafiaMan
Edited to fix the spelling of Chick-fil-A. Thanks, Oxbow6!

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

That is why I think Kennedy and Chaves will pursue FBS with regional flagships, but your buddies MafiaMan and Goon will be opposed to every FBS step.

MM has a man crush on me. Goon's cool.

The fact that Montana won't even consider FBS says something from a regional standpoint. No one wants to be the next Wyoming.

25 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

In a world where football recruits pick a school based on which one has a Chik-fil-A closest to campus, that statement is downright hilarious.

It's Chick......not Chik!

C'mon you're better than that.