SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota "ALL DI TEAM"

bincitysioux

It has now been 10 seasons since North Dakota became a Divsion I program.  I thought putting together a "team" from the last 10 years of the DI era at UND would be a fitting off-season topic.

Just a few guys off the top of my mind that have stood out............

OFFENSE:

Braden Hanson

Greg Hardin

Keny Gollady

John Santiago

Brady Olivera

Josh Murray 

Jake Miller

Defense:

Deion Harris

Dominique Hawins

Donovan Alexander

Cole Reyes

Alex Tillman

Dan Hendrickson

Will Ratelle

Ross Brenneman

Garrison Goodman

Dayo Idowu

Special Teams:

Brandon Hellevang

Zeb Miller

I know I am missing several outstanding Offensive & Defensive Lineman.  

Help me remember!

3 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

It has now been 10 seasons since North Dakota became a Divsion I program.  I thought putting together a "team" from the last 10 years of the DI era at UND would be a fitting off-season topic.

OFFENSE:

Braden Hanson

Greg Hardin

Keny Gollady

John Santiago

Brady Olivera

Josh Murray 

Jake Miller

Defense:

Deion Harris

Dominique Hawins

Donovan Alexander

Cole Reyes

Alex Tillman

Dan Hendrickson

Will Ratelle

Ross Brenneman

Garrison Goodman

Dayo Idowu

Special Teams:

Brandon Hellevang

Zeb Miller

Help me remember!

Too bad our most outstanding QB only played one season. We need 4 years from someone like him. That 600+ yard game against Montana was awesome to witness. Plus beating them was the cherry on top.

8 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

OFFENSE:

Braden Hanson

Greg Hardin

Keny Gollady

John Santiago

Brady Olivera

Josh Murray 

Jake Miller

Defense:

Deion Harris

Dominique Hawins

Donovan Alexander

Cole Reyes

Alex Tillman

Dan Hendrickson

Will Ratelle

Ross Brenneman

Garrison Goodman

Dayo Idowu

Special Teams:

Brandon Hellevang

Zeb Miller

Help me remember!

You can add Broc Bellmore under special teams as he was a kick-blocking machine 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

OFFENSE:

Braden Hanson

Greg Hardin

Keny Gollady

John Santiago

Brady Olivera

Josh Murray 

Jake Miller

Defense:

Deion Harris

Dominique Hawins

Donovan Alexander

Cole Reyes

Alex Tillman

Dan Hendrickson

Will Ratelle

Ross Brenneman

Garrison Goodman

Dayo Idowu

Special Teams:

Brandon Hellevang

Zeb Miller

Help me remember!

Donovan Alexander finished in 2007. UND's first season of official Division 1 Football was 2008.

13 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

OFFENSE:

Braden Hanson

Greg Hardin

Keny Gollady

John Santiago

Brady Olivera

Josh Murray 

Jake Miller

Defense:

Deion Harris

Dominique Hawins

Donovan Alexander

Cole Reyes

Alex Tillman

Dan Hendrickson

Will Ratelle

Ross Brenneman

Garrison Goodman

Dayo Idowu

Special Teams:

Brandon Hellevang

Zeb Miller

Help me remember!

22 Will Ratelle's.  No punter needed, go for 2 every time.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Too bad our most outstanding QB only played one season. We need 4 years from someone like him. That 600+ yard game against Montana was awesome to witness. Plus beating them was the cherry on top.

Equally as bad is the fact that Kenny Golladay was only here one year.   I just cringe when I think about what could have been.

47 minutes ago, TRex said:

Equally as bad is the fact that Kenny Golladay was only here one year.   I just cringe when I think about what could have been.

We did get Golladay for 2 years, but your point still stands. 

Maybe we just need to bring Mussman in as our recruiting coordinator. And yes I am kidding....apparently emojis in my posts won't post while in Mexico for some reason, couldn't put a laughing face. 

15 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Maybe we just need to bring Mussman in as our recruiting coordinator. And yes I am kidding....apparently emojis in my posts won't post while in Mexico for some reason, couldn't put a laughing face. 

Muss was good at getting offensive weapons.

9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

No to Muss (which I realize is a joke) ...

But the checkbook does need to open up and UND football needs to reach outside when necessary (i.e. hire in some new blood when things don't get done with Minot State grads, etc).

If we really really want to win we need to hire some NDSU guys. They know how to win and how to run an FCS program. Sucks but it’s true. The all time “Michigan Man” Bo Schembechler was a Buckeye assistant twice.

7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

If we really really want to win we need to hire some NDSU guys. They know how to win and how to run an FCS program. Sucks but it’s true. The all time “Michigan Man” Bo Schembechler was a Buckeye assistant twice.

I don't disagree, but if that happens, it would be as a Head Coach. I just don't think an assistant at SU is coming here unless it's to be HC.

1 hour ago, shep said:

I don't disagree, but if that happens, it would be as a Head Coach. I just don't think an assistant at SU is coming here unless it's to be HC.

Position coach would move to be OC.  Grad assistant would move to be position coach.

18 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Five years ago we said the same thing about Bubba being our savior.   It's not just about the people you hire, it's more about the program, but I don't have the answers either.    Remember NDSU lost most of their coaches and they still kept on winning.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TRex said:

It's not just about the people you hire, it's more about the program

There's no question this is true. UND football has been relatively strapped for cash during DI era and that continues to be the case. At the very best, UND football will be #2 on campus in Grand Forks (whereas most successful DI college football programs in the country are #1 on campus, such as NDSU), and considering the current state budget situation, UND football likely won't be reaching ideal funding anytime soon. The coaching salary pool remains limited despite what I would call modest improvements over the past 5 years (potentially contributing to the lack of what some would call necessary new hires) and the lack of a HPC phase II is also very troubling. 

20 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Ick, but you are probably on to something, should be an option in the future.

Woody Hayes, refusing to gas up car in Michigan, classic!!

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Ick, but you are probably on to something, should be an option in the future.

Woody Hayes, refusing to gas up car in Michigan, classic!!

It doesn’t feel right even typing it.... but I think it’s true. Getting a guy like Grant Olson would be huge. Hell, maybe even just try and get Hedberg back.