SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Comments on HPC Phase II

fightingsioux4life

16 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Nice to see the progress in the facility.

how long till we start winning more recruiting battles and turn into more wins on the field.

I am not convinced there is a huge one to one relationship between this facility and wins on the field.

time will tell - I hope so!

They need new locker rooms before we see a significant improvement.  

NDSU has new locker room

SDSU has new locker room/ipf/stadium

USD moving forward on new locker room and dakota dome renovation with shovels in the gound in Feb.

A rendering of what the west side of the DakotaDome will look like after the remodeling is completed.

Locker Room

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Film area seating for 6 eh?

Likely just an entertainment area for perks within the locker room; not meant for team film study. 

Film room for study would be apart of meeting rooms, which UND also is supposed to have included with HPC phase II along with locker room and coaches offices. 

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Likely just an entertainment area for perks within the locker room; not meant for team film study. 

Film room for study would be apart of meeting rooms, which UND also is supposed to have included with HPC phase II along with locker room and coaches offices. 

Pretty sure he was joking.

Rending of the Meeting Room

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I found floor plans for phase II.  Has anyone posted this yet?  Page 13 http://www1.und.edu/finance-operations/facilities-management/_files/docs/und-athletics-masterplan-0406.pdf

I had not seen that.  Thank you.  Interesting that beyond Phase II of the HPC, there are additional facilities proposed:  an training addition to the Betty, turning Memorial into an "Athlete's Village" and an attached athletic dining hall.

• Upvote 1

The no sale of Ray Richards will no doubt put this project back a little bit.

Sad, a very vocal minority (or those who have no idea what's happening) is preventing big picture stuff from happening.

I'm sure the details of the Ray Richard's family agreement could have been worked out for both parties and the land sold

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

The no sale of Ray Richards will no doubt put this project back a little bit.

Sad, a very vocal minority (or those who have no idea what's happening) is preventing big picture stuff from happening.

I'm sure the details of the Ray Richard's family agreement could have been worked out for both parties and the land sold

I'm hoping general university funds can be used, considering they need athletics out of the hyslop to repurpose it for academics.  Instead of 100% donations.

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Weren't some folks less than impressed with the color of the building superstructure (that terra cotta color)? 

Seems to match the track surface really well. :whistling:

Yeah, I can't help but think how stupid of a decision this was every time I look at it.  Why paint them the school colors when they can paint them so they look unfinished!

iStock_000007879246_Large.jpg

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said: