SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 2017-18

OgieOgilthorpe

5 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Wow good call on the century game. You're right, they are showing to be far ahead of everyone out there this year. State champion contenders?! 

Let’s see how they do when they play both GF teams at the end of the month first. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/9/2017 at 10:34 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Is Legacy HS ever going to fieId a team?  Sheyenne did and the oId West Fargo program was not nearly as strong.  Understand that Bismarck needs more ice, but 1/3 rd of Century and Bismarck HS should be Legacy.

I was wondering the same thing. I was also wondering which team had more Legacy kids on their team. I would hate to see West teams broken up like that because the west needs as many advantages as they can get. Look at how bad the Fargo schools and WF schools are doing since the break ups. Shanley, South AND Oak Grove have to combine to make one really poor team. 

3 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I was wondering the same thing. I was also wondering which team had more Legacy kids on their team. I would hate to see West teams broken up like that because the west needs as many advantages as they can get. Look at how bad the Fargo schools and WF schools are doing since the break ups. Shanley, South AND Oak Grove have to combine to make one really poor team. 

Some south of here say Hawkey is a fake sport? With that attitude lingering around the alleys of Fargo, from the knucklelheads that went to NDSU, what can you expect?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

In Bismarck, the junior high that feeds into Legacy used to send most of their kids to Bismarck High.  

There's a lot of season left, but it sure seems like Century is in a league of their own out West. The GFK Holiday tournament is going to be HUGE! I wish Davies could take BHS's place this year to make it even more interesting. IMO Century, RR, Central and Davies seem to be in a pack far ahead of anyone else. 

11 minutes ago, ajries18 said:

Anyone attending GFRR vs. GFC tonight?  I've heard Mason Salquist is serving a one-game suspension for taking 5 minor penalties in their previous game.

I have heard this may have been appealed as the last penalty called was a real head scratcher?

Davies at Grafton/Park River tonight as well.

54 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

The last penalty was salquist and the ref arguing

I wasn't there. I heard he had 4 penalties so they weren't even playing him. There was some kind of play that needed a referee/captains conference so he went over and got the information to relay to the bench and as he was skating back to the bench a penalty was called?

I will get a firsthand look at Century tonight as they are in town to take on Jamestown. Hoping it isn’t a complete blowout and the Jays can make it somewhat of a game. We have the goalie to frustrate them and he will obviously have to play out of his mind to have any kind of chance. 

Century is the real deal. Lot of speed and they are relentless on the forecheck. Jays had em tied at 2 and then the floodgates opened. 8-2 final and it was actually worse than that. This Isaiah Thomas kid is pretty amazing. Non stop motor and one of the quickest kids I’ve seen in awhile. I don’t get to see the GF teams but I’d have to say they will have their hands full when they play Century in a couple weeks. 

3 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Century is the real deal. Lot of speed and they are relentless on the forecheck. Jays had em tied at 2 and then the floodgates opened. 8-2 final and it was actually worse than that. This Isaiah Thomas kid is pretty amazing. Non stop motor and one of the quickest kids I’ve seen in awhile. I don’t get to see the GF teams but I’d have to say they will have their hands full when they play Century in a couple weeks. 

The Irey kid is pretty damn good as well.