SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Jones?

darell1976

And congrats on sticking up for him as usual. His coaching skills are worth more than 5 bucks. He couldn't coach kids at West Elementary School.

All I'm trying to do is help you find a way to accomplish what you want and get to the bottom of whether you're a paid operative for the CIT tournament or just get a kick-back every time you bring it up.

All I'm trying to do is help you find a way to accomplish what you want and get to the bottom of whether you're a paid operative for the CIT tournament or just get a kick-back every time you bring it up.

Just like people bring up that Jones needs more time, our weather is cold or the fact that Jones is just like Tom Izzo.

I just noticed UND lost to the currently ranked #10 (USA Today Coaches Poll) team in the country by only 12 points on the road earlier this season.

Sarcasm? If not stop looking for bright spots to the season....negative postings only are welcome here...stick to the topic...you're either like minded here or you don't have a clue. There's no room for optimism here - you're gonna get trashed. 

Sarcasm? If not stop looking for bright spots to the season....stick to the topic...you're either like minded here or you don't have a clue. There's no room for optimism here - you're gonna get trashed.

That's a bright spot? Losing by 12 to a now-ranked team 3 months ago..really?

That's a bright spot? Losing by 12 to a now-ranked team 3 months ago..really?

Bright spot = Blind optimism = Arrogant ignorance

That is a sad commentary on this season if that's a bright spot.

• Upvote 1

He must have been referring to the women's team.

So if the men and women finish in their current positions their regular season standings finish will be as follows through the first three years of conference play:

WBB: 10, 1, T-4 (30-25)

MBB: 3, T-2, 10 (28-27)

Can you point out where the huge difference in conference finishes is over the last 3 years is?  And don't change the subject, Jones' comment that you're ridiculing referred to where they will finish in the conference, so don't move the goalposts like you always do.

I have no issue with you or anyone being critical, there is a lot to be critical about and I actually agree with a lot of it.  I do have an issue with people taking shots that are incorrect or have nothing to back them up with.  No need when there is plenty of legitimate things to gripe about.

• Upvote 2

So if the men and women finish in their current positions their regular season standings finish will be as follows through the first three years of conference play:

WBB: 10, 1, T-4 (30-25)

MBB: 3, T-2, 10 (28-27)

Can you point out where the huge difference in conference finishes is over the last 3 years is? And don't change the subject, Jones' comment that you're ridiculing referred to where they will finish in the conference, so don't move the goalposts like you always do.

I have no issue with you or anyone being critical, there is a lot to be critical about and I actually agree with a lot of it. I do have an issue with people taking shots that are incorrect or have nothing to back them up with. No need when there is plenty of legitimate things to gripe about.

So UND was in every game but one? Didn't they get blown out by NDSU, EWU and Tx-PA to name a few? There are 2 halfs to basketball not one. And what makes him think this team will go from 10th to first in 12 months? I know you love Jones but his comments are a joke like his coaching.

You called him out for where he thought they'd finish in the conference next year and now we're talking about something else. Move those goalposts! I didn't hear his comments nor did you, so I don't know what context they were brought up in. As for a one year change, Brewster went from 10th to 1st, but I guess that is pretty inconvenient to mention, especially for a guy who continues to compare MBB and WBB for some reason.

You accusing people of loving Jones just because you get called out on your ridiculous statements is pretty predictable. Anytime someone doesn't immediately demand Jones be fired, without fail, one of the following will be coming next:

Telling someone they love Jones

Calling someone Mrs. Jones

Jones autographed poster

CIT or bust

buttBrewster or UND WBB

buttNDSU

So gfhockey made all of it up? My comment was about both Jones's comment not just about the conference finish.

So gfhockey made all of it up?

Talk about a loaded question. 

Do I believe the Jones was on the radio this morning, said that he thought they have been in the majority of the games this year and predicted them to finish near the top of the conference next year.  Yes. 

Do I believe word for word what he said is accurate?  You hanging your hat on that argument speaks volumes.

• Upvote 1