SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Minnesota State High School Hockey Tournament

SiouxScore

So how are we supposed to feel about this? 

Hermantown - people have been screaming for them to move up to AA for years.  What is it now, 8th straight A championship game?

Cathedral - Private school playing A.  Do I need to say more?

MAML - a former AA school that has AA enrollment, petitions to move down and 1st year goes to the A title game?

Personally, I was going for the rest of the field, Luverne, EGF, Northfield, and Mahtomedi in that order.

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Class A allows for more kids to play in state tournament games.  More kids from Hermantown, that is.  ???

I am thinking Hermantown will not be great forever, nobody is. I remember Bloomington Jefferson dominating the big school division during the early to mid 1990's. Now you don't hear about them much.

Private schools have built-in advantages that will never go away.

On 3/8/2017 at 8:30 PM, Yote 53 said:

You'll see Luverne again.  They are building a nice program there.  It's turned into a hockey town with every little young athlete strapping on the skates instead of playing hoops.

Sandelin looks way better than I've heard about him....however not a fan of his celebrations.

9 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

So how are we supposed to feel about this? 

Hermantown - people have been screaming for them to move up to AA for years.  What is it now, 8th straight A championship game?

Cathedral - Private school playing A.  Do I need to say more?

MAML - a former AA school that has AA enrollment, petitions to move down and 1st year goes to the A title game?

Personally, I was going for the rest of the field, Luverne, EGF, Northfield, and Mahtomedi in that order.

And for a Catholic school they are very large at 450.  That would be bigger than Breck and I believe Blake.

Oh and good things going on there as they like to freak out when "420" is left on the clock.

3 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

And for a Catholic school they are very large at 450.  That would be bigger than Breck and I believe Blake.

Oh and good things going on there as they like to freak out when "420" is left on the clock.

It's St. Cloud, what do you expect?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

How would this year's GF Central team stack up against EP, Edina and the rest of the metro powers?

It's too bad they can't make it work to play Moorhead every year. We used to pay them in peewees and bantams when I played in Grand Forks, that must still be the case.

15 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

How would this year's GF Central team stack up against EP, Edina and the rest of the metro powers?

I think a combined GF team plays toe to toe with any of the aforementioned.  I don't think Central beats a GR or EP.  Not like they'd get run out of the rink though.