SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 FCS PLAYOFFS THIRD ROUND

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

If Youngstown can barely beat a one dimensional team at home, they have little chance to beat a powerhouse in EWU on the road.

Both semi final games will be good next weekend.  One road team will get a win.  

YSU has two of the best DEs in the country and will get pressure by bringing four

8 minutes ago, Cratter said:

If Youngstown can barely beat a one dimensional team at home, they have little chance to beat a powerhouse in EWU on the road.

Why? Last time I checked Georgia tech is well respected and feared among the college football elite. Playing against an option team is a different kind of animal that takes a very different kind of preparation. It's fallen out of style in the last 20 years, but that also means most defenses are ill-equipped to handle it.

Was NDSU not well equipped as a defense when wofford ran all over them in the playoffs a few years back? No. they were an all time great defense that ran up against a team that knew its identity and ran it to perfection. Option teams are different. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

bc we are about the 10th best team...next year we will be in the top 4.

How is the FCS any different than the FBS? I would argue the FCS actually has more parity most years than the FBS. There aren't 9 teams in the FBS that could be considered for the national championship. 6 at most this year, if you ask me.

alabama, Ohio state, Washington, Clemson, Michigan and Penn st. Most years it's only 5. 

15 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Was NDSU not well equipped as a defense when wofford ran all over them in the playoffs a few years back? No. they were an all time great defense that ran up against a team that knew its identity and ran it to perfection. Option teams are different. 

Was that Wofford team NDSU played last in the country in pass yards that year? You can be an old school option team and have decent passing QB and receivers. This Wofford team has neither.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

How is the FCS any different than the FBS? I would argue the FCS actually has more parity most years than the FBS. There aren't 9 teams in the FBS that could be considered for the national championship. 6 at most this year, if you ask me.

alabama, Ohio state, Washington, Clemson, Michigan and Penn st. Most years it's only 5. 

the difference between #1 alabama and #15 oklahoma for example is not much and watching them play would be enjoyable 9 out of ten times....the difference bt #1 ndac and #15 north carlolina a&t is huge and wouldn't enjoyable to watch 9 out of 9 times.

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the difference between #1 alabama and #15 oklahoma for example is not much and watching them play would be enjoyable 9 out of ten times....the difference bt #1 ndac and #15 north carlolina a&t is huge and wouldn't enjoyable to watch 9 out of 9 times.

If you say so...if you ask me, Alabama would beat Oklahoma just as bad as NDSU would beat North Carolina a & t. Beat them 40 something to 7-14.

9 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Was that Wofford team NDSU played last in the country in pass yards that year? You can be an old school option team and have decent passing QB and receivers. This Wofford team has neither.

Wofford completed 6 passes in that game and gave arguably the best defense in NDSU history a serious run for their money in a 14-7 loss. Option teams are different.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Wofford completed 6 passes in that game and gave arguably the best defense in NDSU history a serious run for their money in a 14-7 loss. Option teams are different.

If Wofford completed the same amounted of passes they did today vs Youngstown, it's a NDSU blowout.

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

there was no comparison made...nice try.

next time i will make it easier for u

#1 fbs team v #15 fbs team

#1 fcs team v #15 fcs team

Ummm...you call that not making a comparison? Who is the #1 FBS team? Alabama. Who is the #1 FCS team? NDSU. I know it 5 already, but take it slow on the whiskey brother, you're losing it.

18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If you say so...if you ask me, Alabama would beat Oklahoma just as bad as NDSU would beat North Carolina a & t. Beat them 40 something to 7-14.

In fact we don't have to guess since the #2 team in the country(Ohio state) beat the #7 team in the country(Oklahoma)at the time 45-24 in a blowout game that I was at in Norman Oklahoma earlier this fall. The score was much closer than the actual game as evidenced by the fact that the Oklahoma fans piled out of the stadium back to Sugar's before the 4th quarter started. I didn't see a lot of parity in the FBS that night. Had a lot of fun in Norman though.

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Oh, so you're now going from trolling via NDSU propaganda on a UND board to acting like a tough guy behind a keyboard? I didn't realize a degree from the NDSU College of Economics produced such blind guidance. You must be so proud that NDSU football represents the only success you can speak of. 

Your comments are continuously criticized on this board and for good reason. I suggest you acknowledge and address your narcissistic issues. You have much to learn, young lad. 

I don't normally watch NDSU football games.  I don't have much pride in my degree(not in economics btw) or the university's football team.  I can't remember the last time I stayed for a full game even.

My comments are criticized because I like to poke fun at people.  

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

NDSU barely beat Wofford, and Georgia Southern.  Option teams are goofy.  I'd still take EWU though.

34 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So what happens first next week.  EWU gets to 30 or Pelini explodes on the sidelines?

A simultaneous explosion of Pellini and EWU's offense ending with Pellini shooting his DC. Can't miss TV.