SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

On Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 8:48 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

You think recruits love hearing boos when "Fighting Hawks" is mentioned over the loudspeakers or enjoy seeing empty seats because folks felt they would somehow be helping UND by boycotting UND athletics due to the new nickname? 

16-, 17-, and 18-year old kids aren't complete robots; they will take into account both the passion and the ridiculousness of each prospective fan base. 

Recruits aren't invested in the past nickname like some think they somehow should be. Many current recruits were 12 years old when UND was last officially referred to as the Fighting Sioux.

Recruits and current student-athletes want "fans" to unanimously buy in because the players and coaches certainly have; the only possible exception to this is the hockey program due to some residual poison. 

Yeah...based on our success in basketball, football and volleyball it really seems like our recruiting is hurting across the board. <-sarcasm 

36 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

You call yourself a UND fan making a comment like that?! You're a POS as far as I'm concerned! 

What choke job happened?

More time wasted on a waste of skin!

Neither I nor anyone else for that matter requires your validation. Nice try, though.

I want nothing to do with the "UND fans" you speak of. My years of association with UND validates my relationship with the University completely independent of your classless comments. 

Were you the one giving "the bird" on tv after UND lost? 

If the nickname change can ignite this sort of behavior, then, well, the "UND fans" you speak of need to take a hard, long look at themselves in the mirror. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

No, but for future reference you can learn to read faster. 

Too bad all those "Sioux Forever" chants at Scheels Arena today couldn't prevent the choke job. 

Not sounding like much of a UND fan.  Or maybe you need someone to explain the game to you?  I'm guessing a little of both.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

On 3/23/2017 at 9:11 PM, Teeder11 said:

No one here is anti hockey. We just love ALL Fighting Hawks sports.  Not just one. 

That's apparently not true for UND-FB-FAN.  Just wow. CU at practice and the spring game. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

My observation: 

The host school was playing in Fargo with their official Athletics logo on the boards and on the ice.
But it wasn't on the jersey; a logo soon to be deprecated was still there. 

OneUND

Agree.........the new logo on the sweaters yesterday would have changed the outcome for sure. :blink:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Tucker Poolman on the ice would've been a short-term benefit. 

Putting the now resolved issue* behind all of us, finally, would be the long-term benefit. 

*Lots of things in life don't resolve the way I'd like, but I have to move forward just the same. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

My observation: 

The host school was playing in Fargo with their official Athletics logo on the boards and on the ice.
But it wasn't on the jersey; a logo soon to be deprecated was still there. 

OneUND

Jerseys ordered before there was a logo.  REA center ice matched the jerseys.  If you were volunteering to pony up to replace the jerseys,  should have done so while we were still playing

15 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Not sounding like much of a UND fan.  Or maybe you need someone to explain the game to you?  I'm guessing a little of both.

I'm certainly a UND fan/alumnus/booster/season ticket holder, etc., but that doesn't make me a fan of your average "UND fan". It is what it is. Hopefully time can bring some to reality. 

4 hours ago, sprig said:

Jerseys ordered before there was a logo.  REA center ice matched the jerseys.  If you were volunteering to pony up to replace the jerseys,  should have done so while we were still playing

I can't wait til this fall to buy a Fighting Hawks hockey jersey, and to see the Hawk logo on the ice. 

50 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I can't wait til this fall to buy a Fighting Hawks hockey jersey, and to see the Hawk logo on the ice. 

I think you will be disappointed with the hockey jersey my guess is all they add is a small logo on the shoulder. Also wouldn't be surprised to just see NORTH DAKOTA script at center ice either.

14 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I think you will be disappointed with the hockey jersey my guess is all they add is a small logo on the shoulder. Also wouldn't be surprised to just see NORTH DAKOTA script at center ice either.

You don't think Kennedy will pressure the REA to add Hawks to the building. The Alerus was untouched from 2001-until a couple weeks ago, now a big Hawk logo on the building and talks of it on the field. Remember, GF owns that building not UND. Hawk logos all over campus including the IPF, you think the REA will be untouched in his (Kennedy's) campaign to make that logo visible everywhere, especially where sports are played. Maybe the logos will be on the shoulder, but that ice will definitely have Hawk logos...just look at what we saw in Fargo.

28 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

You don't think Kennedy will pressure the REA to add Hawks to the building. The Alerus was untouched from 2001-until a couple weeks ago, now a big Hawk logo on the building and talks of it on the field. Remember, GF owns that building not UND. Hawk logos all over campus including the IPF, you think the REA will be untouched in his (Kennedy's) campaign to make that logo visible everywhere, especially where sports are played. Maybe the logos will be on the shoulder, but that ice will definitely have Hawk logos...just look at what we saw in Fargo.

UND doesn't own REA so it may take little longer before the new logo gains prominence there.

16 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

UND doesn't own REA so it may take little longer before the new logo gains prominence there.

I'm not saying they are going to rip down Sioux logos, but if Kennedy is pushing this logo agenda pretty hard to get the city of GF to allow a Hawk logo on its building, what says we won't see Hawks in the REA. Just remember 2030 UND takes control of the building, then it will be up to the president to see what to do with the logos, as the Sioux name and logo will be retired for 18 years and the Hawk logo will be in presence for 13 years. You can only hold on to the past for so long before the present takes over.

13 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I'm not saying they are going to rip down Sioux logos, but if Kennedy is pushing this logo agenda pretty hard to get the city of GF to allow a Hawk logo on its building, what says we won't see Hawks in the REA. Just remember 2030 UND takes control of the building, then it will be up to the president to see what to do with the logos, as the Sioux name and logo will be retired for 18 years and the Hawk logo will be in presence for 13 years. You can only hold on to the past for so long before the present takes over.

Kennedy doesn't run the show at REA so there are no guarantees as to when any updates are made.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Kennedy doesn't run the show at REA so there are no guarantees as to when any updates are made.  

I don't think the REA will start a war with Kennedy, something will be done, maybe a Fighting Hawks yard sign in front of the building. :lol:

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I don't think the REA will start a war with Kennedy, something will be done, maybe a Fighting Hawks yard sign in front of the building. :lol:

Kennedy better be nice or REA might take their building and go home. :)

• Upvote 2