SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

5 minutes ago, keikla said:

All the pictures in their 2016-2017 media guide are in Reebok jerseys.

Those would have been taken in the 2015-2016 season though.  I Googled some pics from this season's Beanpot and they are clearly CCM.

Any reason why Miami is hosting a regional two years in a row in Cincinnati and three of the last four years? Is no one else putting up the dollars to host?

If that's the case, we should be putting a bid in every year.

St. Paul can be the Midwest Regional and we can be the West Regional.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, NoDak Fan said:

Any reason why Miami is hosting a regional two years in a row in Cincinnati and three of the last four years? Is no one else putting up the dollars to host?

If that's the case, we should be putting a bid in every year.

St. Paul can be the Midwest Regional and we can be the West Regional.

If they are the only non-campus arena then they get the bid. UND could put a bid in every year but might lose it to Minnesota. UND should just bid Fargo, Sioux Falls, and the REA (never know when they will go back to campus sites) every time.

• Upvote 1

Man, lots of hand wringing over on GPL. The "FIRE LUCIA" voices seem to only grow louder.

One Gopher fan put it so elequantly when he said Lucia does so little with so much and it got me to thinking that after Air Force's performance this weekend, Coach Frank Serratore seems to do so much with so little. Can't think of a program that faces as many hurdles as the Air Force Academy and here they were, giving Harvard a run for their money.

• Upvote 4

Yeah, forget about the rodents wanting to host at the X. Only way they can ever get out of the regional is if it's 20 minutes from their campus.

I'm also astonished there are just four non-campus venues in the east (Manchester, Worcester, Albany and Providence).

But then 45 East schools are within a two-hour drive of all of them. 

7 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Man, lots of hand wringing over on GPL. The "FIRE LUCIA" voices seem to only grow louder.

One Gopher fan put it so elequantly when he said Lucia does so little with so much and it got me to thinking that after Air Force's performance this weekend, Coach Frank Serratore seems to do so much with so little. Can't think of a program that faces as many hurdles as the Air Force Academy and here they were, giving Harvard a run for their money.

The non-drafted players thing should be coming to an end.

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

If the hockey squad is anything like the football teams at the academies, they will usually get a whole that us greater than the sum. Good, smart,  disciplined kids go to AFA. Tough to implement that kind of culture at a typical school. 

By not being supportive of fellow league members, is reflective of the arrogance of many UND 'hockey supporters....not all, but especially the homophobic group that believes the old logo was somehow 'stolen' from them..."Homophobic"....perhaps too advanced a word for the 'and ah' crowd!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

11 minutes ago, John W. said:

By not being supportive of fellow league members, is reflective of the arrogance of many UND 'hockey supporters....not all, but especially the homophobic group that believes the old logo was somehow 'stolen' from them..."Homophobic"....perhaps too advanced a word for the 'and ah' crowd!!!!!!

What does the logo have to do with anything? Being a UND hockey fan doesn't mean you have to hope the other NCHC schools have tourney success.

When in the WCHA, did you cheer on the Gophers in the NCAA tourney, as they were a school from the same conference?  No? Didn't think so. I'm guessing you're just looking to argue with someone about the name/logo.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, John W. said:

You know what that word means right?  Right?

Whoops, troll, my bad.  Shouldn't have even responded. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John W. said:

Wow, John, you will probably have to live with this one for a while.  :)  I can see why you think homophobic is an "advanced" word--you are certainly struggling with it.  

It's OK. Some people just have to work harder, even on the basic stuff.  It doesn't mean you won't get there eventually.   If and when you do, though, you will be a better person because of the struggle it took to get there. 

• Upvote 4