SiouxSports.com Forum

Faison Press Conference 4PM

SWSiouxMN

13 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Yah and we had a guy that wanted his own hockey suite - and he wrote a check. (and yet I can find no reason why I would ever go to Bison-swille and share that.)

It was in response to  posters who questioned the sustainability of ticket sales and if people would really pay the high prices. So my post was completely appropriate.

19 minutes ago, bison73 said:

It was in response to  posters who questioned the sustainability of ticket sales and if people would really pay the high prices. So my post was completely appropriate.

Pointing out one guy who would pay a $1,000,000 for season tickets doesn't really equate to "sustainability."

"How much did your ticket cost for this game?"

"$100,000"

"Oh and I thought the $300 I paid was a lot!" :lol:

34 minutes ago, Cratter said:
34 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Was it still walk right in?

I'm going to assume these would be the biggest crowds UND baseball has ever seen being it will more than likely be the last games of its existence ever and all...

Yes, I walked right in, was very sunny, didn't have a baseball a cap, so shielded the sun from my eyes with my hand.  Called my daughter, she came with grandson and a cap. It was a fun game, about 200 people. They had 3 cameras running. Concessions were open, don't know if they were UND's?  Field looked in really good shape, kind of sad we might loose it?

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Pointing out one guy who would pay a $1,000,000 for season tickets doesn't really equate to "sustainability."

"How much did your ticket cost for this game?"

"$100,000"

"Oh and I thought the $300 I paid was a lot!" :lol:

Obviously you missed the rest of my post. I guess that one example was just too much for you.:lol:

20 hours ago, bison73 said:

From what I understand there is some pretty big money waiting on tickets. I do know that staff were giving up their extra tickets so others could get tickets. A couple of years ago a guy asked how much it would cost to get tickets. They quoted 6 or 7 figures and he wrote them a check. They found him tickets.

The rest of your post?

"Big money waiting on tickets." 

That still doesn't mean much for "sustainability." 

First start charging students and see how "sustainability" that is (last I heard they don't usually even sell out all their free tickets).

15 minutes ago, Cratter said:

The rest of your post?

"Big money waiting on tickets." 

That still doesn't mean much for "sustainability." 

First start charging students and see how "sustainability" that is (last I heard they don't usually even sell out all their free tickets).

You must have missed the 2000 season tickets requests that couldnt be filled. The students? Dont care if they dont claim their tickets. They then sell them to the general public. Which is quite popular from what Ive heard.

5 minutes ago, bison73 said:

You must have missed the 2000 season tickets requests that couldnt be filled. The students? Dont care if they dont claim their tickets. They then sell them to the general public. Which is quite popular from what Ive heard.

2000 is actually a small number for a 19,000 arena. 

Heard UND fans had no trouble getting tickets to the game. Thought it would be a lot harder giving all the hype of how hard tickets were to come by.

4 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Not really.

Hey how many folks you have on your FB season ticket waiting list?

Wouldn't it be fair to compare each schools #1 sports?

That's like me asking how many folks you have on your basketball season ticket waiting list?

UND sells more sporting event tickets than NDSU and its not even close.:whistling:

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Wouldn't it be fair to compare each schools #1 sports?

That's like me asking how many folks you have on your basketball season ticket waiting list?

UND sells more sporting event tickets than NDSU and its not even close.:whistling:

I would have taken a second mortgage on the house to bet you were going to pull the hockies in to this conversation and not answer the question. LOL:lol::lol:

So I will venture a guess?    Zero? Is that close?

1 minute ago, bison73 said:

I would have taken a second mortgage on the house to bet you were going to pull the hockies in to this conversation and not answer the question. LOL:lol::lol:

Glad you are able to understand basic economics with the ag degree.

3 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Nobody talks about UND hockey more than NDSU fans.  Its amazing the time spent on numerous message boards that have nothing to do with hockey.

• Upvote 1

"Why don't you drive a Porsche like me?"

"Cause on top of this new truck I drive, I'm paying for a mortgage on this mansion on the lake. I don't live in a trailer like you."

"I knew you'd bring up your house. I was going to bet my mortage on it."

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Cratter said:

"Why don't you drive a Porsche like me?"

"Cause on top of this new truck I drive, I'm paying for a mortgage on this mansion on the lake. I don't live in a trailer like you."

"I knew you'd bring up your house. I was going to bet my mortage on it."

Wow theres some deflection or was that projection?

5 hours ago, bison73 said:

But it's true when comparing attendance. It's like someone at Michigan asking someone at Kansas how much is their attendance in football when you know football is not their #1 sport. So at UND attendance goes hockey, football, men's basketball, at NDSU it's football, men's basketball and either the Fargo Force or the FM RedHawks, cause no other sport hits 1000 in attendance unless UND comes to town.

• Upvote 2

On the topic of UND dropping sports, what is UND's plan for Swimming and Diving?  I have heard their antiquated pool is now leaking.  If they aren't going to sink any money into it then why keep those programs?  Having that as their home pool is the equivalent of the football team playing their games at Memorial Stadium or the baseball team at Kraft.

2 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

On the topic of UND dropping sports, what is UND's plan for Swimming and Diving?  I have heard their antiquated pool is now leaking.  If they aren't going to sink any money into it then why keep those programs?  Having that as their home pool is the equivalent of the football team playing their games at Memorial Stadium or the baseball team at Kraft.

Irle won't allow those to be cut.

32 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Irle won't allow those to be cut.

No doubt there.  If only baseball had a former coach in the room with BF, DI, and SJ.  Oh, and if that former coach could also throw out the phrase "Title IX" anytime he felt threatened the program would still be around, also.  

17 hours ago, darell1976 said:

But it's true when comparing attendance. It's like someone at Michigan asking someone at Kansas how much is their attendance in football when you know football is not their #1 sport. So at UND attendance goes hockey, football, men's basketball, at NDSU it's football, men's basketball and either the Fargo Force or the FM RedHawks, cause no other sport hits 1000 in attendance unless UND comes to town.

We both play BB so thats a fair comparison. We both play football in the same division as well so that a fair comparison. Not only on the team plays but attendance. We dont play hockey so you really cant make that comparison. But we know thats your hold card when your rebuttals start going south. :cool::silly:

• Downvote 3

22 hours ago, Cratter said:

2000 is actually a small number for a 19,000 arena. 

Heard UND fans had no trouble getting tickets to the game. Thought it would be a lot harder giving all the hype of how hard tickets were to come by.

If it was so easy why didnt more of you show up?:lol:  I was actually surprised at your small turnout.