SiouxSports.com Forum

A Fighting Hawks Hockey Jersey

MafiaMan

I have asked the folks who designed this logo for their permission to perhaps use it on a jersey if there was enough interest in such a project.  I figured now is the perfect time to gauge exactly that.  Personally, I would flip the logo around and have the hawk facing to the left instead of the right, but this logo is indeed pretty cool.  Would need a minimum number to do it - this would certainly be a unique item (and definitely not Reebok).  Just throwin' it out there...you could be wearing this along with the number 8 next fall when the new banner is raised to the rafters at REA!

Cb_8QX1UkAAuknU.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I like it.  I will buy a Fighting Hawks Jersey when they become available.  My 3 year old and 1 year old boys both need jerseys as well.  I would have to get replica ones of course.  Hopefully our real logo looks good like this one.

50 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Feathers..... Offensive..... Sigh

Feathers that look like a headdress would be the problem. Birds with feathers would not necessarily be offensive. Removing that bullseye makes this less headdress like. It might have passed the test. Of course it has nothing to do with the logo that is actually being designed.

I'm not interested in re-hashing the Native-ness of the feathers or anything about this particular design.  If you want a one-of-a-kind hockey jersey, then post your interest in purchasing one.   Otherwise, feel free to carry on this discussion in the nickname thread.

• 2 months later...
On April 10, 2016 at 8:21 AM, MafiaMan said:

I have asked the folks who designed this logo for their permission to perhaps use it on a jersey if there was enough interest in such a project.  I figured now is the perfect time to gauge exactly that.  Personally, I would flip the logo around and have the hawk facing to the left instead of the right, but this logo is indeed pretty cool.  Would need a minimum number to do it - this would certainly be a unique item (and definitely not Reebok).  Just throwin' it out there...you could be wearing this along with the number 8 next fall when the new banner is raised to the rafters at REA!

Cb_8QX1UkAAuknU.jpg

Anyone want to revisit this idea now that the new logo has been officially released?  

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Anyone want to revisit this idea now that the new logo has been officially released?  

"Give. SME. A. Chance."  Basically the worse quote in the history of UND athletics. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Given what many of you apparently consider to be in the best interests of UND athletics, I'll take that as a compliment.

The statement wasn't bad, just terribly ironic in hindsight. 

On 4/10/2016 at 9:21 AM, MafiaMan said:

Cb_8QX1UkAAuknU.jpg

Can anyone photopshop this logo and add the beak and eye of Ben's latest hawk mockup, please? I think we are getting closer...

3 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Can anyone photopshop this logo and add the beak and eye of Ben's latest hawk mockup, please? I think we are getting closer...

IMHO, Take out the button so it is not as "head dressy" and take the eye straight off the old logo. I also like the beak profile that the student did that gives a negative space North Dakota outline.

4 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

getting closer to what?  these "concept logos" are dead...the only thing we can hope for are more alt logos (like every other school around)

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

getting closer to what?  these "concept logos" are dead...the only thing we can hope for are more alt logos (like every other school around)

Disagree. If you build it, they will come. Who says you can't modify the Fighting Hawks logo over time too? See Mankato's logo over the years. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Disagree. If you build it, they will come. Who says you can't modify the Fighting Hawks logo over time too? See Mankato's logo over the years. 

I guess it really just depends on the administration (of which, I have little faith in)... You're right though, many programs update and clean up logos over the years.   

19 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

I guess it really just depends on the administration (of which, I have little faith in)... You're right though, many programs update and clean up logos over the years.   

not hours or days....years or decades.