SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FB Camp Attendees

UND Fan

As we know, many of the prospects we sign each year attended a UND FB camp during the summer previous to their senior season.  We will keep track of those invited to the Elite camp.  Feel free to add kids to the list if you know they have been invited. 

• Tyler Knutson, WR, Prior Lake
  • Esaiah Nolan, LB, St. Michael-Albertsville
  • Connor Cruise, OL, Waconia
  • Tyler Bentz, DL, Princeton
  • Seth Moren, LB, Red Wing
  • Brent Laing, OC/OG, Lakeville North 

• Upvote 1

I don't believe you need an invite to go to the Elite Camp--anyone can go I believe and most of the O and D line guys were told to go to the O and D line camp vs Elita.  It is the Junior Day that I believe you need to get invitations for but if you ask you get one.  My guess is they want the RSVP plus they want to know you want to go and ask to go.  Seems like a lot of the schools are doing that now.  A number of kids from MN from Centennial, Hopkins, Waconia, Burnsville and Eagan are going to do visits, camps etc.

1 hour ago, Momster said:

I don't believe you need an invite to go to the Elite Camp--anyone can go I believe and most of the O and D line guys were told to go to the O and D line camp vs Elita.  It is the Junior Day that I believe you need to get invitations for but if you ask you get one.  My guess is they want the RSVP plus they want to know you want to go and ask to go.  Seems like a lot of the schools are doing that now.  A number of kids from MN from Centennial, Hopkins, Waconia, Burnsville and Eagan are going to do visits, camps etc.

The smart thing to do is attend one of the camps.  Camps used to be about going to learn something and have fun, etc.  Now they are very important recruiting tools for colleges.  

19 of UND's 23 signees went to their camp.  What does that tell you?

If it's a debate between two players, the staff goes with the known entity.  The one they saw with their own eyes in their own camp.  

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

The smart thing to do is attend one of the camps.  Camps used to be about going to learn something and have fun, etc.  Now they are very important recruiting tools for colleges.  

19 of UND's 23 signees went to their camp.  What does that tell you?

If it's a debate between two players, the staff goes with the known entity.  The one they saw with their own eyes in their own camp.  

Absolutely

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2016 at 11:40 AM, Momster said:

You're correct - you don't need an invite to go. I'm fairly certain that the NCAA prohibits any sort of exclusive camps - they must be open to anyone. But an invitation from a coach to attend is an important sign of interest from that school. Put it this way - getting an invite is not a huge thing. Not getting an invite tells you something.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:42 PM, UND Fan said:

As we know, many of the prospects we sign each year attended a UND FB camp during the summer previous to their senior season.  We will keep track of those invited to the Elite camp.  Feel free to add kids to the list if you know they have been invited. 

• Tyler Knutson, WR, Prior Lake
  • Esaiah Nolan, LB, St. Michael-Albertsville
  • Connor Cruise, OL, Waconia
  • Tyler Bentz, DL, Princeton
  • Seth Morem, LB, Red Wing
  • Brent Laing, OC/OG, Lakeville North 
  • Evan Erickson, CB, Lakeville North
  • Noah Gindorff, TE, Crosby-Ironton
  • Aaron Moore, OL, Minnetonka
  • Luke Chuol, DE, Circle Pines
  • James Jackson, LB, St. Paul

List updated above

9 minutes ago, John W. said:

:D  What's this, U of M-Grand Forks branch?  All MN kids. Obvious in FB, BB and 'ockey; ND hasn't enough talent to support 1 D1 school,  let alone 2. 

Good thing Minnesota has enough talent to support multiple successful D1 athletic programs and they don't have any!  Leaves plenty for us, SDSU, NDSU, USD, and UNI.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, John W. said:

UMD. St. Cloud. Mankato. Bemidji. But you must be just a casual sports fan. :p

And which one of those plays division I football or basketball? 

Good thing Minnesota has enough talent to support multiple successful D1 athletic programs and they don't have any!  Leaves plenty for us, SDSU, NDSU, USD, and UNI.

16 minutes ago, John W. said:

UMD. St. Cloud. Mankato. Bemidji. But you must be just a casual sports fan. :p

All those schools are D2.  In hockey, Mankato and Bemidji are not successful and Duluth and St. Cloud combined have made 3 Frozen Fours in the last 30 years, so I wouldn't call them very successful either.  Now unless you have something constructive to add that actually pertains to the topic of "UND FB Camp Attendees" and isn't another attempt at trolling, please show yourself out.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, LkvlleUNDFan said:

As a Gopher fan you should know better than to be trolling here or anywhere else. One winning record in the Big 10 since 2003 hardly gives any of us that support the Maroon and Gold a reason to crow. The Gophers have lost to more Dakota teams than they've beaten in that stretch - so who's the wannabe?

So kids look at what is close enough to family but far enough and ND, SD, IA, WI, NE all have very viable and enjoyable competitive options at schools who are smaller, in smaller towns with local support who are investing in their schools the right way.  I think most people in MN look at ND and the general border areas as "home" still.  The U of M just doesn't have the draw for MN families and students for many reasons.

In my opinion the U of M doesn't really have a campus atmosphere like most other colleges and I think that hurts them with some recruits.  It is almost like a collection of buildings in an office park.  

It isn't completely dependent on size.  Other big schools like Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Michigan State have campuses with more of a 'college' feel to them. 

• Upvote 2

FYI...I am not a troll...but a UND football season ticket holder...and attend many BB games both M and W....and also get down to a couple Gopher FB games each year...Just like to 'jerk' the over the top homers....of any team from time to time.....UND 'ockey fans are especially fun to jab....OBW...Lucia has an NCAA 'ockey title more recent than UND....I do hope both the Fighting Hawk and Gopher FB teams do well this season...think they both will fini near the top of their confereces..schedules favorable for both..

Go Hawks...(and Gops)...You can root for both really you can!!!!

14 minutes ago, John W. said:

FYI...I am not a troll...but a UND football season ticket holder...and attend many BB games both M and W....and also get down to a couple Gopher FB games each year...Just like to 'jerk' the over the top homers....of any team from time to time.....UND 'ockey fans are especially fun to jab....OBW...Lucia has an NCAA 'ockey title more recent than UND....I do hope both the Fighting Hawk and Gopher FB teams do well this season...think they both will fini near the top of their confereces..schedules favorable for both..

You have real grammatical issues. 

6 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

In my opinion the U of M doesn't really have a campus atmosphere like most other colleges and I think that hurts them with some recruits.  It is almost like a collection of buildings in an office park.  

It isn't completely dependent on size.  Other big schools like Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Michigan State have campuses with more of a 'college' feel to them. 

Add in expensive parking miles away, classes no where near each other, huge class size, hard to get into most classes, wild tuition hikes, campus crime rates, the recent AD drama and and and....it is a great school for certain students looking for certain things but it could be an incredibly difficult school to manage at 18 and very expensive way to finish the degree.  They also put out attractive tuition rates to out of state students to the detriment of in state tuition which is just odd. Just my two cents.

6 hours ago, John W. said:

What in the hell did I just read?

• Upvote 3