SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FB Camp Attendees

UND Fan

2 hours ago, Momster said:

Add in expensive parking miles away, classes no where near each other, huge class size, hard to get into most classes, wild tuition hikes, campus crime rates, the recent AD drama and and and....it is a great school for certain students looking for certain things but it could be an incredibly difficult school to manage at 18 and very expensive way to finish the degree.  They also put out attractive tuition rates to out of state students to the detriment of in state tuition which is just odd. Just my two cents.

If you're driving to class at the U of M, you're doing it wrong :). I had two kids attend there and think they would disagree with most of your assertions. Of course there is no arguing about the AD situation, or athletics in general. 

On 3/24/2016 at 9:34 PM, 3Putt said:

If you're driving to class at the U of M, you're doing it wrong :). I had two kids attend there and think they would disagree with most of your assertions. Of course there is no arguing about the AD situation, or athletics in general. 

Seriously happy for them. They would be the select few I referenced.  Most consider the whole experience overwhelming. I just read retention rates for Freshman are less than 41 Percent and declining. They are dead last for the 50 largest public schools. I just truly think for quite a few MN families, UND offers what many kids are looking for and parents appreciate when kids have looked at the U and decided it wasn't for them.

4 hours ago, Momster said:

Seriously happy for them. They would be the select few I referenced.  Most consider the whole experience overwhelming. I just read retention rates for Freshman are less than 41 Percent and declining. They are dead last for the 50 largest public schools. I just truly think for quite a few MN families, UND offers what many kids are looking for and parents appreciate when kids have looked at the U and decided it wasn't for them.

Are we talking about the same school? Last year's freshmen retention rate was 91%. Are you thinking of the acceptance rate?

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-minnesota-3969/rankings?int=profile_rankings

Updated list (Gilray and Baker added):

Tyler Knutson, WR, Prior Lake

• Esaiah Nolan, LB, St. Michael-Albertsville
  • Connor Cruise, OL, Waconia
  • Tyler Bentz, DL, Princeton
  • Seth Morem, LB, Red Wing
  • Brent Laing, OC/OG, Lakeville North 
  • Evan Erickson, CB, Lakeville North
  • Noah Gindorff, TE, Crosby-Ironton
  • Aaron Moore, OL, Minnetonka
  • Luke Chuol, DE, Circle Pines
  • James Jackson, LB, St. Paul